[SOLVED] 60+ degrees idle cpu with intel stock cooler.

Aug 22, 2020
I recently won a giveaway on twitter from a computer tweaker, who did tons of stuff with my pc and with it he downloaded speccy. Idk what he did, but when i opened speccy and checked my temps i was getting around 60 degrees with LITERALLY nothing open other than the programme, no apps even open in the background. It goes to around 79 degrees while playing games like fortnite, sometimes going to 81, while my gpu stays at 59 degrees almost 100% of the time. I have cleaned out my case, but to no avail, my temps are still the same. What do i need to do to help? This has been really annoying me for ages and would love to get it sorted for cheap and HOPEFULLY without a new cooler. P.S. I dont know how to control my fan speeds or my cooler speeds.

Solution
You really don't want to turn turbo off unless the cpu is running excessively high thermals under load.
Does the cpu run over 85C for extended periods of time? If not, I'd say it's safe for now.
Aug 22, 2020
I recently won a giveaway on twitter from a computer tweaker, who did tons of stuff with my pc and with it he downloaded speccy. Idk what he did, but when i opened speccy and checked my temps i was getting around 60 degrees with LITERALLY nothing open other than the programme, no apps even open in the background. It goes to around 79 degrees while playing games like fortnite, sometimes going to 81, while my gpu stays at 59 degrees almost 100% of the time. I have cleaned out my case, but to no avail, my temps are still the same. What do i need to do to help? This has been really annoying me for ages and would love to get it sorted for cheap and HOPEFULLY without a new cooler. P.S. I dont know how to control my fan speeds or my cooler speeds.
my fans are really crappy cheap ones too, i have a pre built. ( dont decapitate me )

Aug 22, 2020
Full PC specs would help, as well as some pics of the interior showing the fan layout.

Intel's stock cooler is rather mediocre, but that sounds like it wasn't mounted correctly, or the fan isn't spinning up as fast as it needs to.
i7-3770
MSI GTX 970
16GB DDR3 Ram
Some old green intel motherboard
Case : Kolink Stronghold White.
I have 3 intake fans at the front of the case , two at the top above my cpu and ram then one exhaust fan at the back.

Aug 22, 2020
Ahh yes, the old base clock overclock.
Go into bios and see if the cpu's base clock is over 100.00
yep, the cpu base clock is 100.00. This was my first time ever in the bios, while i was in it, i upped some fan speeds. i am now getting 55 degrees with discord and chrome open. Any further things i can do to make my temps better? is 55 degrees bad? I also found out that i have turbo on, should i turn that off?

TRENDING THREADS