Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerguy319

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
I am looking on wether to get a MSI Nvidia GTX 660Ti 2GD5/OC or a MSI Nvidia GTX 670 2GD5/OC. What I want to know is if the Extra $90 is worth the benefit And I do plan on overclocking them

Solution
If you want a good balance of max settings/value the 670 will provide it for you more so then the 660Ti. It has 680/7970 performance at a smaller price tag. The 660Ti is a card that will get you by with near maxed out settings now the 670 is good for now and is built to last you longer in the future. 6(7)0, and 6(8),0 the ( ) meaning the important number normally mean you will see a trend of them lasting longer. You will still find people using GTX480's and being happy as a cucumber.

my vote +1 to 670 I had a 660Ti returned it and got a 670 couldn't be happier first enthusiast grade card I have ever bought I normally buy middle of the road cards happy I spent the extra :)

EzioAs

Distinguished

It's enough. You'll just need to lower some of the image quality a little bit. Not that it'll look terrible since it's a proper PC optimized game

EzioAs

Distinguished

Not everybody plays at max settings lol. Some people are quite satisfied with medium-high as long as they don't have to pay a huge premium ;)

We actually need OP's resolution and preferred image quality settings though to suggest better.

If you want a good balance of max settings/value the 670 will provide it for you more so then the 660Ti. It has 680/7970 performance at a smaller price tag. The 660Ti is a card that will get you by with near maxed out settings now the 670 is good for now and is built to last you longer in the future. 6(7)0, and 6(8),0 the ( ) meaning the important number normally mean you will see a trend of them lasting longer. You will still find people using GTX480's and being happy as a cucumber.

my vote +1 to 670 I had a 660Ti returned it and got a 670 couldn't be happier first enthusiast grade card I have ever bought I normally buy middle of the road cards happy I spent the extra :)

Solution

gamerguy319

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
see though im to young to have a job so money is a very large and heavy object but heresmy arguement if i get the 660ti i can oc it to a 670 but if i get a 670 i can oc it to a 680 but is the $90 worth that premeum sence there so similar in performace anyways

If money is the object and spending the extra 90 is going to put a strain on you the 660Ti will get the job done. I can't speak for how long it will relevant but it should be good for up to 2 years I would say on decent settings and probably pretty decent after that.
Also EZ I don't like the waiting game waiting and waiting normally pushes away the enjoyment one can have now versus later.

gamerguy319

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
i see what your saying because ive been saving up forever for the computer itself and i only have a $135 now but i would neot be happy useing the cards at that price range and would virtu mvp help sence i have an hd graphics 4000

EzioAs

Distinguished
You're too young and if you're pondering over such things, it clearly shows that you're not ready yet to get something like a 670. I suggest you get a 660ti. And as you said, you could probably get performance closer to a 670 by overclocking.

There noway to answer your question what is worth it to me might not be worth it to you, let's consider the cricual questions you should answer before buying a graphics card. Here are five important ones:

What types of games do you play?
What other applications do you run?
What is your budget for a graphics card?
What is your monitor's display resolution?
What is your PC's performance level?

EzioAs

Distinguished

Sorry to tell you this but Virtu mvp sucks. You could give it a try and if you're lucky it could work properly without any horrible artifacts or stuttering or even crashing. Though I really doubt it

No...No... you just are taking it the wrong way ;) that's the best way i can answer your question

Well if you get 660 ti that means running at "high" rather than at "very high" detail level, and it almost certainly means disabling antialiasing.I would go for the 670. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.