Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
Hey which cpu is better i7 8650u or ryzen 5 3500u?

Im Asking because i have 2 hp laptops hp 250 g7 and hp 255 g7(both are having 16gb ram and 256ssd) and i wanted to know which is better.. i might sell the less powerfull one..

My usage on these laptops is mostly moving files betwin ssds and hard drives and youtube / facebook. Maybe i will install leauge of legends eventually on them but still i dont need the laptops for gaming since i mainly use these laptops for daily and moving files listening to music and browsing ( also i need good battery life) my 250 g7 has good battery the 255 g7 i juat got 2 days ago i had no time to test it.. i would like some assistance knowing which one is better for my needs.

Lutfij

Titan
Im Asking because i have 2 hp laptops hp 250 g7 and hp 255 g7(both are having 16gb ram and 256ssd) and i wanted to know which is better.. i might sell the less powerfull one..
In all honesty, I think since you have both laptops, you should try them out with your daily tasks, then get rid of the one that feels sluggish.

On paper the one equipped with the i7 makes more sense to retain.

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
In all honesty, I think since you have both laptops, you should try them out with your daily tasks, then get rid of the one that feels sluggish.

On paper the one equipped with the i7 makes more sense to retain.
The thing is i had this 250 g7 for couple of years i bought it brand new, it always been good. The 255 g7 i traded 10tb hdd for it on marketplace and i cant tell if its better or not but something is weird the nvme speed is stuck on like 450mb on crystaldiskmark on the 255 (i swappes 2 nvmes already) the 250 has normal nvme speed..