Question 70% RAM Usage with no applications open after I played a game ?

Feb 20, 2024
Hello im Voggi just to let you know English is not my first Language and it is the first time i use such forum . My Problem is that since a few days ago my RAM stays at a high use value after i played games like Elden RIng or Enshrouded and closed them. The Value Im talking about is around 50% - 80% RAM Usage which let me search the Internet about it because this isnt normal for my PC who normally is at 20% - 40% usage when I had discord and some browser tabs open. I found a few things out like that it could be that RAM saves Data on it just so that it doesnt need to reload them if needed again or that a lot is cached as a placeholder or something which all seemed reasonable if i didnt knew it was lower previously .

My Pc doesnt really have any Problem right now performance wise but I just want to go safe because my pc build is only a few months old and dont want it to die just because i didnt go after some forshadowing of a Problem. I think it started a bit after I updated my windows and graphicscard i dont know if this has something to do with it but the windows update couldnt probably restart my PC which followed in the blue screen with the smiley and in a proper restart from that screen but after that windows started all good. I hope you guys can help me to get it back to normal i will put a few screenshots in below to help to maybe find the reason as to why the RAM is after playing games at 70%ish .

I tried:
  • Clearing the Startup Items a bit
  • Exterminating the tasks of the games instead of closing them
  • Updating WIndows
  • Stopping my G-Data Antivirus

Desktop PC Specs:

Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk Wifi AMD B650 So.AM5 ATX
CPU: Ryzen 7800X3D
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT 20GB (Speedster Merc 310)
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Trident Z5 NEO Expo RGB DDR5-6000 DIMM CL30-38-38-96 Dual Kit
NVMe SSD: 2TB WD Black SN850X M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 3d-NAND TLC
PSU: 850 Watt Corsair RMx Series Modular 80+Gold Black Label

Screenshots: (it is snipping tool there because i used it to take these)
OhXE900.png

e6mNKDX.png

m9Pu6CR.png
Y3C9DMp.png

Solution
Do you need to run the Razer software and that G Data Cyberdefence antivirus software? Seems like they are the biggest culprits. Are you OK with removing those and just running Windows Defender?

Edit: link to Razer support forum on memory leaks with Synapse. And another one.
Edit 2: AMD Radeon Software is also eating a lot. Do you have services/features turned on in its control panel?

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
Do you need to run the Razer software and that G Data Cyberdefence antivirus software? Seems like they are the biggest culprits. Are you OK with removing those and just running Windows Defender?

Edit: link to Razer support forum on memory leaks with Synapse. And another one.
Edit 2: AMD Radeon Software is also eating a lot. Do you have services/features turned on in its control panel?

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 20, 2024

I feel more safe with g data and wanna Keep it but razer software is just for color so i guess i could try turning it off or release dependancies from it later cause im not at home right now

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
Fair enough. I also just added a comment about Radeon Software whilst you were replying. I'm wondering if you have any features turned on that you could disable for the time being (such as the advertisements, live stream, recording etc).

Feb 20, 2024
Thanks for the help the Problem seems to stem from the razer software I disabled it autostart now. My RAM is now at 35% usage with no open application which is like before the Problem happened. Just to be sure around 35% is around normal usage for 32gb 6000 MHz ram with windows 11 right ?

Last edited:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
There's a relative minimum when you first install Windows and nothing else. You startup and system uses some (minimal) RAM befure user starts launching any apps.

As time goes on and you isntall more applications/software and they have their services and stuff and some of the stuff are loaded in the background (when system boots and Windows is fully runing) that number starts to go up.