Question 750W-850W Power Supply ATX 3.0?

Apr 16, 2024
Hey there,
my good old bequiet pure power 10 500W just died and I looked at some recommendation and the RM750x and the RM850x popped up pretty consistently. I like them, because of their reasonable price and 10 year warranty. After further reading I noticed that they don't support ATX 3.0, I read about the standard and while I don't think it would provide any value to me right now, I'm not so sure about 8-10 years from now.

Should I spend some extra cash to get an ATX 3.0 PSU, or is future proofing with wattage enough?
I would appreciate recommendations for ATX 3.0 PSUs if you think they are worth the extra cost.

Thanks for your help and greetings from Germany.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
They don't officially support ATX 3.0, but you can still get a Type 4 12VHPWR cable to power 40 series GPUs.

If you like the RMx series, then the RM750x Shift and RM850x Shift will be good picks.

RM750e and RM850e aren't quite as high quality, but adequate. In that same area is the MSI MAG series, the be quiet! Pure Power 12 series, and the Thermaltake GX3 and GF A3 models.

Reactions: switch_prone675
Apr 16, 2024
They don't officially support ATX 3.0, but you can still get a Type 4 12VHPWR cable to power 40 series GPUs.

If you like the RMx series, then the RM750x Shift and RM850x Shift will be good picks.

RM750e and RM850e aren't quite as high quality, but adequate. In that same area is the MSI MAG series, the be quiet! Pure Power 12 series, and the Thermaltake GX3 and GF A3 models.
I was not planing on running a high end GPU anytime soon. I was primarily thinking about the seperate sideband for the PSU GPU communication and other little features like that.

I would love to get the Shift series, but I don't think my case (pure base 600) is compatible. I thought about the RMe as well but I would prefer a 10 year warranty.

I haven't heard much about the Pure Power 12 or the Thermaltake GF A3 (GX 3 only has 5 years of warranty), do you have any experience with either?

And thanks for the reply :)