Question 7800X3D DDR5 CPU Light, Boot problems....

Deme_77

Honorable
Jun 30, 2017
Hello, i recently bought a Ryzen 7 7800X3D paired with a MSI Pro B650-P Wifi and Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600MHz 32GB 2x16GB CL36.

I assembled the entire computer, it turned on correctly the first time without any issues, everything was fine. I entered the MSI BIOS and enabled the EXPO profile.

The RAM clock speed went up to 5600MHz, and I entered Windows. I could see in the task manager that it was running at the correct 5600MHz. I restarted, but it didn't start up. The screen remained blank with the PC turned on, and the RAM light on the motherboard was orange/yellow.

I turned it off, cleared the CMOS, and started again at the default 4800MHz. I set it back to 5600MHz, and it started up correctly again. I used the PC for a while and went to sleep.

This morning, the PC wouldn't turn on, and the CPU light was red. I got quite scared. I removed the RAM, turned it off, restarted, cleared the CMOS again, but nothing worked. I removed the heatsink, took out the CPU, and reassembled everything.

It worked, but now every time I set the RAM to 5600MHz, the CPU light comes on, and I have to remove and reinsert the CPU. I know that RAM frequencies can be tricky with the 7000 series, but the CPU light has me worried.

The PC works fine with the RAM at 4800MHz, but I paid for 5600MHz, and I'm completely unable to make it work. I don't know what to change in the MSI BIOS or what to try next.

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hello, i recently bought a Ryzen 7 7800X3D paired with a MSI Pro B650-P Wifi and Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600MHz 32GB 2x16GB CL36.

I assembled the entire computer, it turned on correctly the first time without any issues, everything was fine. I entered the MSI BIOS and enabled the EXPO profile.

The RAM clock speed went up to 5600MHz, and I entered Windows. I could see in the task manager that it was running at the correct 5600MHz. I restarted, but it didn't start up. The screen remained blank with the PC turned on, and the RAM light on the motherboard was orange/yellow.

I turned it off, cleared the CMOS, and started again at the default 4800MHz. I set it back to 5600MHz, and it started up correctly again. I used the PC for a while and went to sleep.

This morning, the PC wouldn't turn on, and the CPU light was red. I got quite scared. I removed the RAM, turned it off, restarted, cleared the CMOS again, but nothing worked. I removed the heatsink, took out the CPU, and reassembled everything.

It worked, but now every time I set the RAM to 5600MHz, the CPU light comes on, and I have to remove and reinsert the CPU. I know that RAM frequencies can be tricky with the 7000 series, but the CPU light has me worried.

The PC works fine with the RAM at 4800MHz, but I paid for 5600MHz, and I'm completely unable to make it work. I don't know what to change in the MSI BIOS or what to try next.
The CPU is listed on AMDs site to support up to DDR5 5200mhz. I am no expert on computers however I had a similar issue. Personally I think since the RAM is a 5600mhz kit it's unstable. Try buying a 5200mhz kit. If it defaults to 4800mhz you can try an overclock to 5200mhz (if overclocking is supported by your mobo and RAM)

hatim5152

Commendable
Sep 10, 2020
I have the same CPU and motherboard with 6000mhz RAM. Just set it up and booted the first time, got to the setting up devices screen but doesn’t boot now. I will try reseating the CPU.

Have you figured it out?

Last edited: