[SOLVED] 8 beep at startup

Jun 25, 2020
So i have a gpu which is nvidia gtx 750ti and it was working fine untill yesterday I heard 8 beep sound which failed the desktop to start, later i found out that it was graphics card error and i removed the gpu from the pci slot and again inserted it, the problem was gone.
But today morning i found out that 8 beep reappeared and i again had to reinstall the gpu from the pcie slot.

Can anyone help me with this?
I think the gpu is working fine as it works after i remove it from the slot and again put it back. I guess a faulty gpu wont start.

I think tomorrow morning the 8 beep will reappear.

Jun 25, 2020
can you try a different GPU or the GPU in a different system?

Maybe the BIOS battery needs to be replaced because of its age

maybe the power supply is not that good anymore
try a different PSU
I dont have a different pc so i cant try the gpu in another pc
I guess the psu is working fine cause i can play games without any trouble.
Just every morning i have to unplug the gpu and plug it to make it work or else 8 beep appears.

Bios battery can do that?

Just every morning i have to unplug the gpu and plug it to make it work or else 8 beep appears.
you can try powering off the CPU from the wall, press power button for 10 seconds and power it on again
it really sounds like a faulty power supply, but could also be GPU or motherboard

Bios battery can do that?
in some circumstances yes

Solution
Jun 25, 2020
you can try powering off the CPU from the wall, press power button for 10 seconds and power it on again
it really sounds like a faulty power supply, but could also be GPU or motherboard

in some circumstances yes
Thanks for the time
The problem was causing by the cmos battery
I replaced it and the beep was gone
Thanks mate :)

Reactions: helpstar