portchop

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 2 weeks.
Budget Range: $800 Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Mainly Diablo 3), streaming video, Office, photo editing, Surfing

Parts Not Required: OS, Keyboard + Mouse, Monitor, Case

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca, Canadacomputers.com or any other Canadian website.

Parts Preferences: Asus, or Asrock for the mobo, no other preferences really.
Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: Highest possible.

Additional Comments: This is my first build, and i am not 100 percent sure where i should start. I've saved the money, now i must spend it lol.

I already have a Cooler Master HAF X NVIDIA Edition Mid Tower Case (i love green lol), so no need for a case.

portchop

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I can recycle the optical drive, and i have an HDD for storage, but i would like to get an SSD for the OS. Do you think i would notice a significant different with this?

portchop

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Ok, fair enough. So which video card(s) would you recommend. Keep in mind, i'm not THAT into computer games, just the Diablo series, so i really will only be playing Diablo 3 with it. And, right now i can get a OCZ ZT-series 750W Fully Modular 80-Plus Bronze Power Supply for $80 at my local canada computers on special. Do you think that's decent?

OCZ is pretty hit and miss. You can look up reviews if you bother; on the other hand, there's Antec, Seasonic, XFX, Corsair. These are solid PSUs all around.

I recommend 560 Ti or 6950 depending on your preference. Have you seen any Diablo3 benchmarks yet? I don't follow the release of this game so I have no idea if there are any. Those GPUs will also be pretty awesome in multi GPU setups if you plan to go there later.

portchop

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Thanks a lot for the suggestions man, i may go with a 560 Ti and than after christmas, get another one. But, i'll check out some benchmarks first. I'll repost in a few days with what i've got right before i order to get a second opinion