May 1, 2019
Ok so i haven't delidded my 8700k, im wondering if case temps change that much when you delid and the thermal dissipation improves a lot. is it worth is to delid the 8700k? I just have it at an all core turbo of 4700mhz at all times. Thanks for your time,
-Cory

Solution
For the most part it's only really worth it if you are really into overclocking. The stock thermal difference is not noticeable really. It's not worth voiding warranty and potentially damaging the chip for running it stock. IMO I would only delid a chip if I was getting bad performance and wanted to upgrade but didn't have the budget yet, so I could OC higher and squeeze a bit more performance out of it. But if it breaks, I don't lose much.
For the most part it's only really worth it if you are really into overclocking. The stock thermal difference is not noticeable really. It's not worth voiding warranty and potentially damaging the chip for running it stock. IMO I would only delid a chip if I was getting bad performance and wanted to upgrade but didn't have the budget yet, so I could OC higher and squeeze a bit more performance out of it. But if it breaks, I don't lose much.

Solution
May 1, 2019
well i was wondering about case temps like for my gpu, if you delid a cpu and the heat is taking the heat away more efficiently does that mean the case will become hotter or?