8KNXP Rev 2 - BIOS Question

Si

I was looking through the bios screen yesterday, and I noticed something
called "CIA". I have this set as disabled but I was wondering if I should
change it. Does anyone else use this function?

Cheers.

Si
P4 2.53 GHz
1 GB Ram
Windows XP Pro

I belive that should be enabled, it's a performance thingy....

On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:40:43 +0100, Si wrote:

>I was looking through the bios screen yesterday, and I noticed something
>called "CIA". I have this set as disabled but I was wondering if I should
>change it. Does anyone else use this function?

From GigaByte's press release:

"C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) is designed to detect CPU loading
during software program's executing, and automatically adjust CPU computing
power to maximize system performance. During loading high CPU resources
consumption tasks, such as video and audio encoding programs or thrilling 3D
games, the CPU requires more CPU computing power; when C.I.A. is enabled, it
will detect the current CPU loading and automatically accelerate the CPU
computing performance, thus allow programs to execute faster and smoother.
On the other hand, when the programs are terminated, the CPU will return
back to its initial status."

Read http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/msi-dot-review/ if you want a an
independent (and critical) view.

When I tried C.I.A. my machine became very unstable, so my advice is this:

If you want to overclock, learn how to do it yourself.
--
Best regards,
Henrik Dissing

(e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

Tim

So, it doesn't work on boring CPU intensive games then?
Very clever.
- Tim