A Free-To-Play MMO? Neverwinter Performance, Benchmarked

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after months of playing this, it's finally pulled me away from my BF3 habit and become my new game of choice. It's a lot of fun. Compared to the shooters, it's a whole different mood. A lot more "chill" even in PvP.

I still think the bottleneck is there, since the minimum frame rates I'm getting are in the mid 30s. But the key is the game play doesn't get choppy even in the busiest player areas. I'm hooked on this game. It's one of those where you sit down to play and 6 hours went by in a snap. I've already lost precious sleep over it. It's going to continue to consume a lot of my time.

Just wanted to let anyone know you can run this game with an i3-2100 and integrated video (Intel 2000 graphics) on low quality details at 1600x900 with no choppiness. I just let the game use optimum settings for the capabilities. I didn't fire up FRAPS, but the game is totally playable and smooth on this kind of setup. Very enjoyable and my frame of reference is that of running 2x780s in SLI on a 3930K as my primary gaming machine.

I added a GTX 650 for $99 after rebate to the i3-2100 system (and same 1600x900 monitor), and the game plays on high quality just as smoothly. Some details are turned down, but I just let the game pick the best setup, again, for the situation and the game looks spectacular.

This is the first game to have hooked me since BF3 and has actually taken over my BF3 time. I haven't played BF3 in a month.

tobinho

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Why would anyone produce a game to release in 2013 that can only utilize one single cpu core for sake. Its just annoying! Turn off quility shadows and your good, thats the idea, realy? It feels like a cold but its neverwinter?

Status
Not open for further replies.