A.I. Cluster Desk

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Thanks alot Greg! Ive got bunch of blue lights and black lights to put under there! Right now I am working on all the brackets for mother boards, hard drives and other equipment as well as fabricating a custom wiring harness for easy removal and break down of the desk. When all these are done, apart it comes to be painted. Right now I am deciding between two colors for regular light metallic silver blue or metallic titanium silver . As for blacklight color its just blue. At Xoxide they have an overcoat paint in a can that in regular light it is clear and in blacklight it is flourescent blue. The entire desk except for the glass and hardware will be painted like this. I hope to do this within this month.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Quite a bit actually?
I had to use a custom kernel, compiled by a friend of mine. It was optimized for AMD 7750 and PII. Although now I am almost always running Win server 2008 HPC. Not quite as fast I dont think, but it does have more apps avaliable for me too play with and I can game without leaving my OS and rebooting. I just wish the gaming could be cluster aware.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Well Houston we have a problem! I got a set of laptop HDDs from afriend yestreday with the intentions of running them ina low power RAID............ well I decided to connect one to one machine and the other to another machine............... POOOOOOF one of them fried a Zotac.......... :( Dead mobos suck and now I have one :(

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Actually its the first board. My friend told me today that he gave me the wrong HDD it did the same to his pc................ HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM can we say pissed off............ now Im down a board! Im not a happy camper!

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
now I have to get my 250 gg HDD back that I swapped for the two 120 HDDs for the raid that fried my board.......... man I hope he doesnt give a problem
What I dont understand is why a HDD would fry a whole MB. Ive never run into this problem before.

that's exactly what I was gonna ask you... makes no sense at all....

I have brand new HDD's here at work if you need one... the only issue is that they are 40Gb Hitachi's... let me know.....

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
well I appreciate it. I think 40's are too small and for the raid I want, they need to be 7200rpm laptop drives. I dont get it, A laptop HDD fried MY BOARD ........ huh? I know thats what it is because it fied my usb HDD drive adapter as well. I also have changed out the board with another one I had laying around, used all the hardware from the first one, except the board of course and bingo it worked. Im up and running again. I tested the other board on my test bench and it wont post at all no matter what. Oh Shite! I cant find the booklets to the board. RMA might be out of the Question. I might have to order another and send this one back in its box.