Question a lot of packet loss and lag

amank798

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
thnx for ur attention good sir/mam...
m just looking for more information about my situation.

So i got a broadband connection recently. the dude puts a 'dish' on the roof of our house then probably uses a telephonecable about 30meters long to connect to the router (there is a converter of some kind inbetween). so is the packetloss that bad cause the broadband is wireless or is it bcoz of the telephonecable. my internet speed is 8mb/s so there is that

No way to tell for sure call the ISP that installed it.

Any form of wireless signal will have packet loss but the installer should not have left before it was stable. You will always get random loss but for it to happen all the time after install either means it was installed incorrectly or you are too far away from the radio source to actually use the service.

amank798

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
No way to tell for sure call the ISP that installed it.

Any form of wireless signal will have packet loss but the installer should not have left before it was stable. You will always get random loss but for it to happen all the time after install either means it was installed incorrectly or you are too far away from the radio source to actually use the service.
true, the guy did say the coverage in my general area is not good. i think he said about 50-60% signal. i assume thats preety bad.

amank798

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Usually a "dish" signifies satelite communication. No need to get upset with someone trying to help you figure out your crappy internet service. Why don't you call the helpful people who installed "dish" and ask them what's going on?
i was not upset its just do u actually think it would be a Satellite internet connection? i dont know what to exactaly call that thing its slightly bigger then my palm.