A Peek Into The Beautiful World Of 'Obduction' On PC, Oculus Rift

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Never played Myst, but I remember going to Best Buy and seeing it on their systems, it was stunning. Maybe a few other old titles could be remade. Always have to have new and grand, when maybe making the old, look and feel new, might be wise.

G

This game looks awesome! :D I really want to play some game that's as realistic like this. Hey game developers, could you please add Linux support to this? We need more AAA titles on Linux.

ravnoscc

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Since Oculus is going to have so many HMD exclusives, do they or can they indicate when it will come to other HMDs, or when it will be legally allowable for the developer to allow it come to other HMDs?

Zapin

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
This is not a Rift exclusive as such. The developer has stated that they expect Vive support to come later but give no information about when that will be. There is no contractual obligation to Facebook tying it to the Oculus store or hardware. The Rift will get real VR controllers sometime in the next 6 months, so perhaps they will coincide a Vive release with some sort of Rift touch controller update.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Understand, But you can play any Rift game with the Vive as is (compatibility wise) just with the use of a "Mod" so it begs the question as to why not a duel release with touch controller support to come? I believe this is an Exclusive, and I understand why. They have said they are selling the rift at cost (whether I believe this is another topic) so their sole source of income comes from selling titles in the rift store.

Tristamus

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Omg.....I'd buy a fully re-done, 3D, VR-compatible Myst in a heartbeat. Myst + VR is absolutely the perfect combination, which is why I have high hopes for this game as well.

Zapin

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015

If the Rift business model was to make money off the store then the only smart thing to do is open the store up to all the current and future HMDs that it can. Currently, there is no legal way to buy from Oculus and play without using an exploit. Store exclusives are not new to PC but implementing artificial hardware exclusivity is. The Facebook model is about numbers of users, and for those users to count they need to bring them into their ecosystem. Rift owners already are (whether they like it or not) so why they do not open the Oculus store to Vive owners makes no sense to me. That being said, Obduction is not an exclusive, they just concentrated on developing the game with Oculus developer tools to begin with rather than on multiple platforms simultaneously. Perhaps a mistake since the limited (and probably inaccurate) metrics that can be gleaned from Steam's data show that more users have Vive HMDs attached to their PC's than Rift HMDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS