Aug 24, 2019
So, I have an EVGA 1000W GQ, and for some odd reason it works perfectly in every other system I have, but not my MSI B350 Tomohawk, yet that board works with all other power supplies I own.

I initially suspected that perhaps it was was some form of shorting that the other power supplies were more tolerant of than the GQ, but when I went to a friend for advice, he said I probably had a "Picky Power Supply", but couldn't really elaborate on it, so here's my senario:
- Every other PSU gets it to boot, i haven't yet tried it out of the case as i'm currently waiting for a replacement CPU (Sold mine to fund a better one)
- When I use the EVGA it flickers on for a second, then refuses to do so till i unplug the PSU and reconnect

(NOTE: I plan to upgrade to a different mobo soon)

So I was wondering, could anyone either suggest a solution or elaborate on the "Picky PSU" situation? As i haven't found anything of use online in two weeks worth of research. Either way, thanks alot if you could help out :)

Here are the specs I had at the time:
(All never OC'd)
MSI B350 Tomohawk
Ryzen 5 1600 (Stock Clock + Cooler)
2x8GB 2400MHz Corsair Vengence
Asus Strix RX 480
Samsung EVO 970 M.2 SSD
GIGABYTE 120GB SSD
Hitachi 2TB HDD

Here are the specs I plan to upgrade to:
(List just if anyine had any advice or know if the problem would stop with the new board)
Asus Strix ROG x470-f Gaming
Ryzen 7 3700x
2x8gb 3000MHz Corsair Vengence
Asus Strix RX 480
Samsung EVO 970 M.2 SSD
GIGABYTE 120GB SSD
Hitachi 2TB HDD
(Potentially a second M.2 Drive)

Thanks for reading :)

Aug 24, 2019
What were the other PSUs you tried, and what were the other systems you tried the GQ in?
I tried the GQ in an FX system i have, an old intel setup, on a rampage 3 extreme, even in my friend's own ryzen system, and had it checked over, nothing at all.

As for the other PSUs, there was a 600w intergrator, my first and most reliable power supply as of now (it works all the time no matter what, yet is strangely made cheaper than my evga unit), and a 650w redstorm psu (which by all accounts i didnt expect to work as its not known to be a very stable psu)