glenjj

Honorable
Nov 8, 2015
I really don't know where to post this because it's such a weird bug, but here's my issue:

My "e" keystroke stopped working, and I don't mean my physical keyboard broke, because even using the on screen keyboard clicking "e" doesn't work, and what is stranger is it will work if I press SHIFT E for a capital E, or put caps lock on and press SHIFT E again to get a lower case 'e' again, so it works.. but also doesn't work :/, it's only the 'e' key, no others.

I don't know where to begin to try and fix this, I've updated windows, I've done virus scans, all didn't fix it.

If I restart my pc it fixes it for a very short time but then it comes back later for no particular reason I can identify, baffled :/

PC specs:
Win7 pro 64bit
Intel i7 6700, 3.4ghz
Nvidia gforce GTX 970
32gb ram
ASrock z170 Extreme4

Mar 21, 2019
You could try to use a live linux distribution on a usb, just to test if it's a hardware or a software issue. It wouldn't matter the distro, just to make sure it boots into live mode so you can test. If that is not possible, you could try reinstalling the windows, or install it on a different drive and see if the problem persists. If you decide on reinstalling, you should format the windows drive you are going to use.

glenjj

Honorable
Nov 8, 2015
Reinstalling windows seems a bit extreme to be the starting point, i have years of programs/settings installed for work on this pc, it would be a nightmare to reinstall all of them

First id like to know what is the cause of this issue, is it a known bug thats been dealt with before? a registry issue? etc

glenjj

Honorable
Nov 8, 2015
I have run virus scans, didn't fix it, I have done a sfc /scannow scan, didn't fix it, this missing key issue is causing chaos with my pc, work, passwords, gaming, everything is affected... and i cannot ID what it is, where it came from or why it comes and goes...

the only way to gt rid of it is to restart my pc, which only fixes it for a short time

helllpppp? lol