A10- 5800K Overclocking

jamesondrums

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Right now I am trying to overclock my CPU, and all I can get it up to is 4400MHz, which is only 100MHz difference from stock. I have been reading articles about overclocking this CPU and people said that have gotten it up to 4700MHz and it being stable. I am using OCCT and if I try to get a higher clock (past 4400), it keeps stopping and says it detected in error in a core. Here is my system (I have a feeling that it might be my PSU, but I really have no idea)

Motherboard - ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2

Memory - G.SKILL Value Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 CL9S

CPU - AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W

GPU - MSI GTX 660 Ti OC

Cool Master Hyper 212 EVO

And the power supply came with my Rosewill Tower which is a 500w (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147081)

Please help if you can!

you can get to 4.4Ghz? thats if at all cores 600 Mhz over stock as 4.2 is turbo which is 2 cores disabled, and not every cpu is the same in its ability to overclock and ur components matter too.

I dont trust power supplies that come with cases unless its really an expensive one lol but i had a raidmax 500watt which at this point im suprised ran my system with a 400 Mhz OC without failure, get a good brand psu at least bronze certified.

If u can get to 4.4Ghz on all cores and fails there, run a stability stress test and make sure at 4.4Ghz it'll b stable under load and keep there unless u tweak a few things. Not to knowledgeable in oc'ing so this is where i leave u lol

What procedures have you used?
BIOS OC or via Catalyst Control Center?
Have you increased voltages?

There is no correct voltage, there is stock and then you can feed it more in small increases at a time while increasing MHz. Every chip is different, even if they are the same model.

savagess2546

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
I was wondering what software you guys use to overclock the 5800k.

I have an MSI A55M-E33 and the BIOS has no option for voltage control. So far the only software I have found with voltage control is AMD Overdrive but I would have to run that everytime I want to run it overclocked. Is that the only solution?

I can't OC past 4.4ghz right now without changing voltages.

Software is not the ideal wat to Overclock. You have an A55 chipset, it does not have unlocked voltages, only the A75 and A85X has unlocked voltages.

adimeister

Honorable

I have this mobo: MSI FM2 A75MA-P33, but I can't also change my CPU voltage. Any help?

Do you have a K-edition CPU?

adimeister

Honorable

Yup. AMD a10 5800k. msi fm2 a75ma-p33 (mobo). I'm getting tired of it already, might as well just run them all in stock.. Such a shame this cooler (hyper 212x) would be a waste.

Philip Stubbs

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Yes, you might as well run stock or else OC your memory first!