[SOLVED] A520m - 144hz monitor with Ryzen 5 5600G

phatchange

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
Hello everyone.

Recently I made a configuration for a person that needed one for light gaming and multimedia. Considering the prices of the graphics cards currently I decided to go with an APU and the person agreed to it as well.

We chose the following configuration:

MOBO: AsRock A520M-HVS
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G APU with VEGA 8 Graphics
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200

My only question is the following. The person mostly plays VALORANT and is able to get 144fps and more easily with that configuration and soon wants to buy a 144 hz monitor to make the experience even better for VALORANT.

Can the person run a 144hz monitor on this APU + Motherboard? Like is it going to be limited to lower HZ because of the motherboard or no?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is not the right category/title .

Last edited:
Solution
Hello everyone.

Recently I made a configuration for a person that needed one for light gaming and multimedia. Considering the prices of the graphics cards currently I decided to go with an APU and the person agreed to it as well.

My only question is the following. The person mostly plays VALORANT and is able to get 144fps and more easily with that configuration and soon wants to buy a 144 hz monitor to make the experience even better for VALORANT.

Can the person run a 144hz monitor on this APU + Motherboard? Like is it going to be limited to lower HZ because of the motherboard or no?

Thanks in advance...
Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is not the right category/title .
you pretty much want to do the memory overclock. you could give a thaiphoon burner read and zentimings read, and maybe we could help oc it. but pretty much if you want everything to be better, better off go with B450 or B550 motherboards, and OC the igpu.

Solution