A7N8X-E Deluxe and WinTV-Go problems

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I'm trying to do some video capturing with VirtualDub and a WinTV-Go card.
It worked great with my old motherboard, a Soyo board with a Via chipset.
What I'm getting are horizontal lines that look like they came from the
pevious frame. Before I screw up everything, has anyone else seen these
problems?

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:06:15 GMT, "Chris" <spadfly@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I'm trying to do some video capturing with VirtualDub and a WinTV-Go card.
>It worked great with my old motherboard, a Soyo board with a Via chipset.
>What I'm getting are horizontal lines that look like they came from the
>pevious frame. Before I screw up everything, has anyone else seen these
>problems?

I have a 3Dvision board installed, and everything works great! I first
installed a Hauppaugee Impact VCB board from my old system
(win 98se), and it had similar problems on my new one (XP Home)

Hauppaugee told me the card was outdated for my new system, and that
is what was causing problems, They offered to update it for $28.00,
but got a good deal on the 3Dvision board

Hope this helps!
A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Home SP1

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I found where the problem lies. If I capture to an IDE drive instead of the
SATA, there is not a problem. There is apparently a conflict between the
SATA controller and the WinTV-GO. I have plenty of space on the IDE drive
and could add another one so I'm not going to look any further. Maybe one
day I'll get a new capture card.

Chris

"Chris" <spadfly@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I found where the problem lies. If I capture to an IDE drive instead of
the
> SATA, there is not a problem. There is apparently a conflict between the
> SATA controller and the WinTV-GO. I have plenty of space on the IDE drive
> and could add another one so I'm not going to look any further. Maybe one
> day I'll get a new capture card.
<snip>
Have you checked that you have the latest SATA drivers from
the ASUS site? - worth a try.
HTH
--
Rob