A7N8XE SATA Raid problems...

Please point the way if this has been discussed under another topic... I
searched and didn't come up with quite what I was looking for.

Running Windows XP (which shouldn't matter at this level of the problem)...

Yesterday I installed CUBASE software and started running into some strange
USB problems when using ASIO drivers...

THEN I started getting the message (on restart) that I had an incomplete
RAID set...

NOW I get the message that 'devices not found. Utility disabled' at the
usual 'devices detected' point in the boot sequence.

I recently upgraded the bios to the latest/greatest, which includes SATA
4227...

Is my mother board a goner?

HELP!

Michael

Tim

Could you have loaded the wrong bios or used the wrong flash program?
Did you have problems prior to the bios update?
Did you load Bios Defaults?
Have you tried clearing CMOS?
Have you tried to roll back your bios?

Could your system have picked up a virus?

If the system is unstable when not running windows, then hold off the bios
rollback. You don't want to try a bios flash on an unstable system. To check
basic stability, try memtest86.

Basically, I would rollback everything to the state the system was in prior
to the new problems and try to sort it out then. You will have a better
chance of finding out what the cause was.

- Tim