cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an A7V with 1005b bios. Occasionally on start-up it can't find my mouse (a generic PS2). Should I just buy a new mouse and if I do will I have the same problem? Thanks in advance.

At the molecular level I'm realy quite busy.

G

How do you get it to recognise the mouse again? If it's by unplugging the mouse and then plugging it back in, then you most likely have a dirty connection...give it a clean and make sure it is plugged in securely.
Otherwise it must be a driver problem. Go to logitech.com and download mouseware drivers. Install them, and it should recognise your mouse on start up and help you configure it.
If you still have no joy, I highly recommend the logitech mouseman optical USB mouse. It is by far the nicest mouse I have ever used. They cost a bit, but you won't regret it.

DESIGN TEAM

cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The mouse isn't recognized 1 out of every 3 or 4 times I boot-up. All I have to do is reset and it will be recognized. It's just kind of anoying. USB on the other hand is a constant problem. My USB joystick and scanner aren't recognized on start-up and I have to plug them in again after the computer is running for them to be recognized. I had some wannabe expert screwing around on my computer and I have no idea what he did or any way of contacting him. Any idea what he might have changed so that my USB isn't recognized on start-up.

At the molecular level I'm realy quite busy.