Question AC Odyssey crashes since upgrading Win 7 to 10

quintonputter

Commendable
Jan 28, 2019
So I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to 10. Assassin's Creed Odyssey worked perfectly on 7, but now every time I try to open it, it crashes. All my other games still work perfectly. What gives?!?!?!

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P32L
Ram: 12GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD
Kingston 120GB SSD (I think)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
PSU: Antec VP500P 500W 80+ Silent Power Supply (I think)
Chassis: No idea

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I've verified the integrity of my game files on Steam, I've updated my graphics card drivers, I've even tried installing a previous version, nothing seems to work.

I've read online that I should maybe try to update my motherboard chipset drivers. Would that be wise? Would that not possibly mess everything else up even more?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

quintonputter

Commendable
Jan 28, 2019
So completely uninstalling Windows 10 and then doing a clean install would be best?

How exactly would I check if I'm running Storage Spaces?
Yes, clean OS installs are always less chance of being a problem.

Chances are if you aren't familiar with what Storage Space is, you've not gone through the process of setting it up.

If you are on the 1903 build version of W10, make sure you have the last cumulative update that came out about a week ago. It fixes a false error problem that stopped the out of mem and GPU stopped responding freeze crashes I was getting in a couple games. To find what W10 version you're on, just type winver into the search bar.

quintonputter

Commendable
Jan 28, 2019
I have absolutely no desire to do a complete clean install right now. Lol. But its good to know that its the route I should take...

I'm pretty sure my Windows is completely up to date, but I'll just check tonight at home.

Will keep you posted. And thank you so much for your help thus far!