Question Accelero cooler on Asrock Challgener RX 5700 XT

vinayadahal

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hi, Guys

I have a RX 5700xt for couple of months now from asrock. The time when i bought that card, the prices were quite high for other AIB versions. I thought the card's cooler would be sufficient as it comes with 2 fairly big fans. I played old titles at first so I was quite satisfied but recently I am playing control and the card is very loud and hot. I am not sure if the temps I am getting are good. I am thinking about replacing the cooler with Arctic Accelero Xtreme III/IV but I am not sure if that cooler would work on my card. So has anyone have any experience with that cooler on custom AIB cards like this one? Also, is it worth replacing the cooler?

The temps I am getting are as follows:

GPU core: 77-79 degree celsius
GPU Hotspot: 93-96 degree celsius
VRM: 79-80 degree celsius
Memory: 77-78 degree celsius

Thanks in advance.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
If the aftermarket cooler fits, it would probably benefit to change it, just make sure its a 3 fan design. Maybe the product page have some kind of compabilty list.

Those cards with 2 fan designs will always run hot and loud.

You seem to have pretty hight temps in general. What kind of case are you using, and whats the rest of the fan set-up?

vinayadahal

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
sorry for the late response and thanks for trying to help spaceghaze.

i have a z22b case from goldenfield (not a known brand) but its a mid tower (i believe). i have 6 pwm deepcool rgb fan setup on my case at the moment. without the fans running the temp crosses over 95 degree territory on gpu package while junction goes over 105+ and with all fans running i am getting above temps. other specs are an i5 9400f with a cooler master hyper 103 on a msi b360m mother board.

also, i have asked arctic and they said that the cooler should work on my card. but after watching few videos on YouTube shows that the cooler is not good enough for a reference 5700xt. so i am kind of confused at this point whether i should buy and try or just undervolt the card to its limit and forget. plus memory cooling is not good for this card if i were to use an arctic cooler.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Is it this case exactly?

Could not get many pictures up here at work, but how is that front? Is it the only thin line in the middle that allowes for air intake?

You mention you have 6 fans now, so im guessing 3 in front, 1 in the back and 2 top or bottom?

Which way do all this fan blow? intake/exhaust?

Also what is the ambient temperature in the room?

If there is somewhere that shows that the cooler wont be any good for your card, you might as well leave it as it is. Maybe even just trying to repaste with current cooler, and see if it gets better.

vinayadahal

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I have 3 fans for intake and 3 for exhaust. 1 at back, 2 at top for exhaust and 3 at front for intake. The airflow is good enough. I have moved the fans from under the front panel to the inside (where the radiator is supposed to go) so that the fans would have a bit more air to move. The ambient temp is about 17-18 degree Celcius. I have fan speed configured as follows for case fan:-

CPU temps:
40 degree Celcius -> 40%
45 degree Celcius -> 50%
50 degree Celcius -> 60%

For GPU, its on stock settings that is fan speed of about 2000 rpm at 65% fan speed.

Pictures of case (hope it is accessible):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ILrjxFqQRWdpdvLqnYP6tWRONb8Wz0NM

I am also thinking about re-pasting the cooler like you have mentioned but not sure how much that would help. But I will try it and get back to you. If that doesn't help, I will buy an accelero III anyway. Also, do you have any idea about water blocks that can be used on this card? Are those universal in nature like accelero or morpheus? I have seen people getting better temps on water but they are all using reference card.

And lastly, thank you so much for trying to help.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
I have 3 fans for intake and 3 for exhaust. 1 at back, 2 at top for exhaust and 3 at front for intake. The airflow is good enough. I have moved the fans from under the front panel to the inside (where the radiator is supposed to go) so that the fans would have a bit more air to move. The ambient temp is about 17-18 degree Celcius. I have fan speed configured as follows for case fan:-

CPU temps:
40 degree Celcius -> 40%
45 degree Celcius -> 50%
50 degree Celcius -> 60%

For GPU, its on stock settings that is fan speed of about 2000 rpm at 65% fan speed.

Pictures of case (hope it is accessible):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ILrjxFqQRWdpdvLqnYP6tWRONb8Wz0NM

I am also thinking about re-pasting the cooler like you have mentioned but not sure how much that would help. But I will try it and get back to you. If that doesn't help, I will buy an accelero III anyway. Also, do you have any idea about water blocks that can be used on this card? Are those universal in nature like accelero or morpheus? I have seen people getting better temps on water but they are all using reference card.

And lastly, thank you so much for trying to help.

Hello,

Sorry for not following this up - Went on vacation for some weeks.

Did you have any progress with the issue?

What exact model is your 5700xt?

vinayadahal

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hello,

Sorry for not following this up - Went on vacation for some weeks.

Did you have any progress with the issue?

What exact model is your 5700xt?

Sorry, I was also busy with my office work. Anyways, I have Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8G OC. I have also ordered accelero xtreme iii as well. I should have that in couple of days. I will try it and let you know. Also, I tried repasting but didn't saw much improvement may be a 1C less.

Link to the card:- https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8G OC/

Aug 27, 2020
Sorry, I was also busy with my office work. Anyways, I have Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8G OC. I have also ordered accelero xtreme iii as well. I should have that in couple of days. I will try it and let you know. Also, I tried repasting but didn't saw much improvement may be a 1C less.

Link to the card:- https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8G OC/

I'm currently having the same problem as you. I was wondering: did you ever find a solution?