[SOLVED] Accidentally got 9700k to 100c, should I be worried? WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

May 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was over clocking my CPU and completely misunderstood how the dynamic voltage worked on my board and I ended up shooting almost 1.6v through it getting all cores to 100c for 5-10 seconds or so while using CineBench before realizing what I had done. What was weird is that the computer didn’t shut itself down which I found odd.

After the fact I did the overclock normally and after a few times of trial and error I got 5ghz at 1.33v and it ran fine for the last few hours while I player Total War with no hiccups. My temps maxed out at 87 on one core but 78-82 on the rest.

Anyways... should I be worried about anything or is there a way I can check to see if I did do damage to the chip?

Thanks in advance!

Motherboard: Aorus 390 ultra

CPU: 9700k

Cooler: Corsair h110i pro

Solution
A safety would kick in long before there was a dangerous temp was reached and it would either throttle down or shut down in extreme case. Forcing safety overrides could eventually do some damage, but like this in your case no.
May 29, 2019
A safety would kick in long before there was a dangerous temp was reached and it would either throttle down or shut down in extreme case. Forcing safety overrides could eventually do some damage, but like this in your case no.

Appreciate the reply man. Was slightly worried as I've never actually gotten my temps that high. Thank you!

May 29, 2019

Well I encountered a problem. I started my computer today and got WHEA_UNCORRECTIBLE_ERROR. I reset the overclock to default and my system worked. I have no idea what the problem could have been... Any ideas?