Acer Aspire 5920G Graphics Card Upgrade?

Cheezus

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hi there my laptop is an Acer Aspire 5920G, mine has an Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.10 Ghz processor, an ATI Mobility Raedon HD 3470, and a 3 GB RAM Memory, the RAM and the processor can handle any game, when it comes to minimum requirements, for example minimum requirements Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor Warfighter both can handle the minimum requirements of both of these games but my GPU screws everything up! That weak piece of crap can't even handle games from 2005 at their maximum! So I wondered if I can upgrade it at all? And if so I would like to change mine for an ATI Mobility Raedon HD 3800 series, or any other that is just as good

Nov 15, 2018
I know this is a really old thread, and so is ACER Aspire 5920G. But this kind of answer is starting to become annoying. YES you can upgrade the GPU on a 5920G, because it uses the modular MXM standard on the graphics card.

electrontau, please do your research on the matter before commenting. Yes many laptops have discrete GPUs that is soldered to the MB, however, MSI, Acer, Asus and many more use the modular MXM standard that allows you to upgrade. (However you need to know a bit about Bios flash and V-Bios flash)

But yeah, sorry for beeing 6 years and 1 month too late to answer your question Cheezus, i was busy going trough the early stages of puberty.