Question Acer E14 E5-475G-79YG --- black screen after removing and and putting back the RAM ?

Jan 20, 2021
Yes you read that title right. I was a little curious about the ram and i like a noon i was, i removed the ram. The laptop is off and which means no power. It was perfectly fine before i removed the ram but now, the laptop turns on but no display. Like literally no light in the display. I didn't replace it i just removed it and putted it back in. Was it internal? do i have to replace the ram? Some internet guide says that i should first reset the bios before i remove the ram. Can someone please confirm. i am noob in this stuff and this computer is the only one I have. I also can't go to BIOS.

So the problem is that a laptop isn't off unless the battery is removed and all power is drained from the motherboard. I would try doing this, taking the ram out again (touch the module only from the sides and not anything with metal), put it back in and then try to boot again.

If this doesn't work you may need to remove the battery and try resetting the bios. If that doesn't work then you probably damaged something unfortunately. :(

Reactions: ssuhm
Jan 20, 2021
So the problem is that a laptop isn't off unless the battery is removed and all power is drained from the motherboard. I would try doing this, taking the ram out again (touch the module only from the sides and not anything with metal), put it back in and then try to boot again.

If this doesn't work you may need to remove the battery and try resetting the bios. If that doesn't work then you probably damaged something unfortunately. :(
Thank you for replying but i searched it up on youtube and using an eraser to the ram before installing worked like a charm. idk how but it booted up after doing it. kudos to indian youtube channels.