yashdsingh2004

Honorable
Oct 6, 2018
Hi, so from a few months I was having issue with charging in my Acer Nitro AN715-51 (bought in 2019, no warranty left). Laptop used to disconnect unless I keep the charger at a particular angle/force the charger through port.

This went on for a few months where I used to change angles (it used to work).

Yesterday it went 95% dead, it charged a bit overnight, connecting and disconnecting.

I did a few things, uninstalling and reinstalling both battery adapters but it didn't helped.

Today, I tried to open up laptop (not my first time but still I am noob). I tried testing if the charging port has issue, but it's not that. I removed battery plug/connector and yes laptop ran perfectly with just the charger/adapter. But after I put the battery plug/connector back, my fedora was not starting and my windows was getting BSOD.

Then I again opened my laptop, this time something broke off (image 3) and got STUCK at (image 1/2). (Link: View: https://imgur.com/a/ZRAn9rf
). I tried removing it using screwdriver but it got a spark (laptop was NOT connected to charger, the battery was I am guessing). I got scared and immediately put everything back but the laptop was not even starting no matter what I do (I reopened it again to check battery and charging port plug/connector but they are fine). Then I AGAIN reopened laptop and somehow removed the thing but still laptop is not starting/charging both. My laptop is busted for real now.

What can I do?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Laptop used to disconnect unless I keep the charger at a particular angle/force the charger through port.
That reads to me like you need to replace the AC input jack on your laptop.

I tried removing it using screwdriver but it got a spark
That means your laptop is dead...a spark would indicate a static discharge.

You should reach out to a laptop repair shop/store, there's nothing you can service in there without tools, which I think you lack, considering you used a screwdriver to open the laptop, instead of a plastic card.

yashdsingh2004

Honorable
Oct 6, 2018
> That reads to me like you need to replace the AC input jack on your laptop.
Yes I thought so too, but before I f'ed my laptop, I ran laptop removing battery plug/connector, just using adapter/charger and it was working. It was confusing to me.

> You should reach out to a laptop repair shop/store
Yes that's where I am going tomorrow.

Thanks for replying though. I'll close this issue by tomorrow.