[SOLVED] Acer Nitro N50-600 | Massive Overheating Problem

Thisisnotharry

Reputable
Apr 17, 2020
So it all started a few days ago when I noticed my games were a lot laggier than usual, and a couple minutes later the display stopped and both my monitors said "No Signal" but the PC was still on (sound and RGB was still on). I forced shutdown and rebooted and it worked but started checking the temperatures, the CPU is around 40 degrees whereas the GPU is around 60-70 degrees idle and 80-95 degrees while gaming. This only started a few days ago and yes, I have attempted to clean out the system as it was quite dusty. Should I send it in to Acer for a repair or is it an easy 30 minute fix at home?

SPECS

Intel Core i5-9400F
8GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
120GB SSD
1TB HDD

Solution
So it all started a few days ago when I noticed my games were a lot laggier than usual, and a couple minutes later the display stopped and both my monitors said "No Signal" but the PC was still on (sound and RGB was still on). I forced shutdown and rebooted and it worked but started checking the temperatures, the CPU is around 40 degrees whereas the GPU is around 60-70 degrees idle and 80-95 degrees while gaming. This only started a few days ago and yes, I have attempted to clean out the system as it was quite dusty. Should I send it in to Acer for a repair or is it an easy 30 minute fix at home?

SPECS

Intel Core i5-9400F
8GB DDR4
120GB SSD
1TB HDD
It seems that if you cleaned the inside of your PC...

SPECS

Intel Core i5-9400F
8GB DDR4
120GB SSD
1TB HDD
It seems that if you cleaned the inside of your PC and still have high temperatures it might be because you did not clean the air intakes for the case. Also check to see that all case fans are spinning normally. Another thing to note is to make sure that the graphics card fan is spinning and undamaged. Another thing to check is the graphics card fan cure in a program like MSI afterburner / EVGA precision X1. I would make the card's fan cure more aggressive.

Solution