Question Acer Predator with RTX 4080 is pulling 593w and running at 210mhz at idle ?

Sep 17, 2023
I bought the new Acer Predator Helios 18 with an RTX 4080 for my 9 month deployment to Lithuania. Laptops been working great up until I got here about 2 days ago. Plugged into the wall and the laptop says it’s stuck at 593w, 100% gpu usage, and 210mhz clock speed. If I switch to Nvidia GPU only it is able to show a display on the screen and I can use the laptop as I normally would with a little bit of lag and stutter when watching a video on YouTube. but as soon as i load into a game it locks at 5 fps and won’t move from 210 mhz. It also says it pulling 593w. I contacted Acer and they said I would have to ship and pay for the laptop since I’m in Lithuania even though it was purchased in the United States and I’m only here for deployment.

• I have done clean installs of newest graphics drivers and OEM driver from acer website using DDU in safe mode.
  • I have factory reset the laptop and installed the factory version of windows that the laptop came with the laptop.
  • I have force-reset the bios by holding down the power button for about 1 minute.

Not sure what to do so any help would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Resetting the laptop's OS doesn't do much. I'd suggest recreating a bootable USB installer for your OS(Windows 10 or 11) using Windows Media Creation Tools, then install the OS in offline mode, then manually install the latest drivers meant for your laptop in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version and you've downloaded and saved the latest drivers on a removable drive prior to reinstalling your OS for you laptop.

Sep 17, 2023

Resetting the laptop's OS doesn't do much. I'd suggest recreating a bootable USB installer for your OS(Windows 10 or 11) using Windows Media Creation Tools, then install the OS in offline mode, then manually install the latest drivers meant for your laptop in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version and you've downloaded and saved the latest drivers on a removable drive prior to reinstalling your OS for you laptop.
How do install the drivers in a elevated command? Thank you for your help and response

Sep 17, 2023
How do install the drivers in an elevated command? Thank you for your help and response
So I’m not sure if acer has some kind of hidden feature but after clean installing windows 11 the laptop was automatically installing graphics drivers into the laptop while it was offline. Still no luck though

Sep 17, 2023

Hello I did all the required steps but it didn’t work, please help