Acer Recovery "BOOTMGR is Missing

Shafath311

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Hi Guys,
I got a Acer Aspire 5738Z laptop with Windows 7, I created recovery discs and then got windows 2000 installed on it. Now I wanted to get back win 7, so i inserted the first recovery disc and started recovery. On reaching the second disc, i got some error message and recovery failed. On restarting getting message BOOTMGR is missing. I tried reinstalling with first recovery disc but not working. So now I dont have any operating system on my computer and the recovery discs also not working...Please help!!!!

try using the hidden recovery partition

To access the recovery partition on your Acer computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image

Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.

tangocharlie

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

I have the same issue with my Acer laptop, error message no boot mgr, insert boot disc, which I do not have. Contacted Acer support who had me try this method for recovery but it still did not work. My Acer is only about 6-8 months old, is this a common issue with Acer laptops?

joseph james

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015

joseph james

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
Hi,i have a brand new Acer E1-572 but this also has B OOTMANGR missing, I have contacted Acer they told me to do a system restore,this way,Press alt andf tap f10 repeatedly as soon as the flash screen appeard,press enter.this has not workedmfor me yet but am still in contact with Acer ,good luck.
joe.