Question Acer Veriton M6610G shuts down when playing games and after startup sometimes

• Thread starter Deleted member 2781637
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2781637

I got this pc 2 years ago it's been working fine until last month i was using windows 7 pc started to shut down and give me different blue screen errors sometimes after i run it 5 minutes it shut's down but later when i am just using browser it works fine but playing games for about 15min or around that time sometimes less pc shut's down and starts a long beep that doesn't stop but sometimes it just restarts normaly the pc isn't loud i don't think it's overheating? then yesterday i formated it with windows 10 and installed all drivers then tested couple of games for hours it didn't shut down had the usual fps and everything seemed good i thought it was fixed but today as soon as i started it it crashed with a long beep twice and after it worked fine until i tried to run a game 5 mins and pc shuts down so i tired to stress the cpu with prime95 and it shut down after 2 min i looked the pc doesn't look dusty at all it worked fine yesterday for 5 hours of gaming and installing games , i am really confused what's the problem ?
Specs
GTX 1050TI
8GB ddr3
i5-2400

D

Deleted member 2781637

Make and model of the power supply and how old is it?
Do i need to open the case and remove the psu so i can see the info of it?
i tried heaven benchmark and pc didn't shut down using it the cpu and gpu temps seemed normal and after it i launched rainbow six siege but after the menu and during match loding pc crashed to a blue screen saying Kernel Security Check Failure seems like i get different errors from win7

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do i need to open the case and remove the psu so i can see the info of it?
Yes, and knowing the age of the unit is also helpful. Although your system is particularly demanding, psus do degrade over time...
Instant shut-offs are usually psu related, but can also be caused by ram and sometimes by software.

i tried heaven benchmark and pc didn't shut down using it the cpu and gpu temps seemed normal and after it i launched rainbow six siege but after the menu and during match loding pc crashed to a blue screen saying Kernel Security Check Failure seems like i get different errors from win7
1)Scan your PC with Adwcleaner: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

2)In Windows Search, type CMD, hover over Command Prompt from the results, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. [This will take a few minutes or more.]
After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," then you can exit.

3)Update the motherboard's bios and driver files. Both can be found from the product support webpage.

4)Uninstall the current gpu driver using Display Driver Uninstaller: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
Install the latest driver package from Nvidia, but don't install it yet. Now, disconnect your ethernet, as this stops Windows from installing a default driver.
Run DDU(requires safe mode), select driver uninstall, and click Clean and Restart. Once that's done, install the driver package and then reconnect your ethernet.

5)Try to play again.

D

Deleted member 2781637

i've tried all that and seems not fixed i am still having crashes some of them with blue screen and others not with a long continious beep that don't stop after the pc restarts , here is some info on the crashes

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

On Sun 12/8/2019 7:52:32 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8005C7DC46D, 0xFFFFE08336ABBD80, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

On Sun 12/8/2019 12:48:03 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120819-30296-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x2, 0xFFFFFC803EF4DE90, 0xFFFFFC803EF4DDE8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 12/8/2019 7:52:32 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120819-29781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8005C7DC46D, 0xFFFFE08336ABBD80, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

the wierd thing that the problem started last month when using windows7 and i formated and installed every last driver but the problem has returned

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Have you already tried reinstalling Windows? If not, then do so, because if you simply updated to Windows 10 and did nothing else, then there would be old Windows 7 files lurking in the registry that need to be cleaned out.

2)
Is this your PC's original memory configuration, or did you add/mix ram?

3)Take the 1050Ti out and try to play the games again - yes, I know they're going to run like crap, but the point is to try and reproduce the errors.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/professional-model/PS.VCC03.009
The power supply in this PC would be ancient at this point and is likely in need of replacing as well. It's one of the most common causes of sudden shutdowns.

D

Deleted member 2781637

1)Have you already tried reinstalling Windows? If not, then do so, because if you simply updated to Windows 10 and did nothing else, then there would be old Windows 7 files lurking in the registry that need to be cleaned out.

2)

3)Take the 1050Ti out and try to play the games again - yes, I know they're going to run like crap, but the point is to try and reproduce the errors.
The power supply in this PC would be ancient at this point and is likely in need of replacing as well. It's one of the most common causes of sudden shutdowns.
i have 2 hard drives one of them is where windows 7 was installed so i formated it full wipe and installed win 10 but the other driver i backed up files and games on it also i bought the pc with 8gb ram but assuming this modul the previous owner added them it's not the original ram of it but everything was working fine for 2 years

D

Deleted member 2781637

2)

i've tried this solution
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UhdU9j52g
and i was able to play r6 siege for 15 min and no shut down no crash as usual , any idea what did that change ?

Status
Not open for further replies.