ACHI HELP

sinjiku

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hello, i have a issue where i just installed windows 7 on my new set up on a 320gb 7200rpm Western Digital and i think its was set to ide... my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i have another 500 gb harddrive from my old pc but my master is the new 320. i also have a external hard drive connected to my back usb port. but i went to my bios to change ide it to achi since i heard that was better then ide and wanted to improve my window index experance thing >< . but when booting up i get blue screen of death ( :( ) so i went ahead and change it back to ide and sometime it boots up ok but sometimes it just get stuck on "loading operating system" any idea on what happened? or how i can change it to work in achi? and is there really a differance in ide and achi?

thanks in adance

my set up---

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
case - COOLER MASTER Elite 430
mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
cpu - i5 1500k
hhd - master 320gb "Wd" slave 500gb ( looking to upgrade to ssd when prices drop alittle )
grapchic - bfg 260 gtx max core ( gonna up grade soon i hope )
ram - 2x4g Kingston HyperX ddr3 pc3 16000 ( i have 2x4g shipping from newegg )
Power - antec 620

sinjiku

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

any idea why after changing it back to ide sometimes my boot up will get stuck on loading operating system?

sinjiku

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
yea i think i might of fixed it >< haven't seen it stale for a few days... went back into bios and reseted to optimal setting and seems to be ok now so i guess i'll just leave it alone.. lol