Question Adaptec 2283400-R Card Help

PH-Bench

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
Hello, I have a problem with my Adaptec 2283400-R. It simply will not show up on my computer. I have an Asus PRIME Z490-A motherboard. I have tried switching the slots. The very confusing thing is that the manual states there is a led that should indicate it is working properly "Heartbeat LED - A green LED provides a heartbeat with a 1 second blink rate to indicate the expander
has booted properly
". The card is doing just that. It is blinking green every 1 second. However, when I go to the Device Manager, I do not see any Adaptec or Raid controller entry.

In the past, with SCSI controller and raid card, there were settings in the BIOS or UEFI that need to be changed. I have played with these, but I am unsure what could relate to this. I think I used to use Fore BIOS or something.

Could someone tell me more about setting this card up please? Thanks Phill

PH-Bench

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
One other thing I am aware of now is that it looks like this card has to have power. However, my system does not have a PCI-Express slot that allows for the room to plug it in. This is silly. I thought the power was optional. But maybe not. I still cannot understand why the green light blinks if it did not have power. Thanks

PH-Bench

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
which one? there are 3. 2 from cpu, 1 from chipset. use the chipset one

try right click the .inf and install
I do not understand what you mean "3.2", have 3 pcie x16 slots. Are you saying to use the one closest to the CPU? When I right-click the .inf it says The operation completed successfully. Thanks