[SOLVED] Add or Remove Program and Steam Not Recognizing HDD

Jul 28, 2020
Recently my SSD with windows died, so I reinstalled on a fresh SSD. I reinstalled steam, but it says none of my games are installed (most of them are installed on the HDD, not the SSD).

I then went to the "Add or Remove Programs" feature in windows, selected my HDD, and got prompted "We couldn't find anything to show here. Double check your search criteria."

However, when I open the file explorer, I can open up the HDD and see all of my files there. I tried googling the issue, but I'm not coming up with anything similar.

Solution
Recently my SSD with windows died, so I reinstalled on a fresh SSD. I reinstalled steam, but it says none of my games are installed (most of them are installed on the HDD, not the SSD).

I then went to the "Add or Remove Programs" feature in windows, selected my HDD, and got prompted "We couldn't find anything to show here. Double check your search criteria."

However, when I open the file explorer, I can open up the HDD and see all of my files there. I tried googling the issue, but I'm not coming up with anything similar.
You have to tell the new Steam client where those games live.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder...

USAFRet

Titan

You have to tell the new Steam client where those games live.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

To move an already installed game
Games library
Right click the game
Properties