Adding a light for each HD?

G

I've seen this on some cases and want to add it to a system I'm building. What I want to do is add a LED for each HD to the front of the case. I have experiance with electronics, so soldering and such is no problem.

Patrick

G

For IDE, I just don't know. IDE drives don't usually come with a pin out for LED (I'm fairly sure they don't anyways). Not saying it can't be done..just saying I don't know. For SCSI, it's easy..very easy as all SCSI drives generally have pin out for LED.

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***

G

I agree. I have a mini sever case with more led's than you can shake a stick at (whatever that means). I am running RAID so one of the LED's works from my array, but for my third IDE drive there is no way to get it to light up (I am pretty sure of this). If anyone does know I would love to be told how.

pill128

Take your Pill, and get some sleep.

G

Either way, which ever works :) I plan on getting an ABit ABTKT7 motherboard once I get the money saved up.

G

Really really easy. All SCSI HDs have an LED connector from the drive. SOME IDE HDs do. SOME IDE controllers do as well. All SCSI controllers have a bus activity light. Check the specs of your HD to determine pin outs. If you are hoping to do this with an on-board IDE controller forget it. You get one LED pin out on the board (maybe). You could just look at the drive lights on the front of the drives?

G

then you would have to bread board your own and figure out a way to get that integrated onto the disc (if it's possible at all).

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***