nemanja2712

Reputable
Jan 9, 2019
Yo, just want to make sure that I understand this right, I want to add another SSD (ASRock B560M Pro 4 and i3 10105F) my "Ultra M.2" slot is already in use (970 Evo Plus) so that leaves the one above "Hyper M.2" slot open, but I read that that slot can only be used on 11th gen CPUs otherwise it does not work, is that correct? Can I not put Gen 3 or 4 in that slot with my 10th gen CPU? Should I just go with the classic SATA SSDs if I can't put Gen3 or 4 in the "Hyper M.2" spot?

Solution
I read that that slot can only be used on 11th gen CPUs otherwise it does not work, is that correct?
Can I not put Gen 3 or 4 in that slot with my 10th gen CPU?
Correct. Top M.2 slot is not available with your current cpu.
Should I just go with the classic SATA SSDs if I can't put Gen3 or 4 in the "Hyper M.2" spot?
You could install PCIE M.2 adapter and put M.2 drive in it.
Or else - only other option is SATA 2.5"drive.
I read that that slot can only be used on 11th gen CPUs otherwise it does not work, is that correct?
Can I not put Gen 3 or 4 in that slot with my 10th gen CPU?
Correct. Top M.2 slot is not available with your current cpu.
Should I just go with the classic SATA SSDs if I can't put Gen3 or 4 in the "Hyper M.2" spot?
You could install PCIE M.2 adapter and put M.2 drive in it.
Or else - only other option is SATA 2.5"drive.

Solution

nemanja2712

Reputable
Jan 9, 2019
for games the speed/data transfer difference between any M.2 and any SSD will basically make no difference in gameplay whatsoever.

i would go for a 2-4TB SATA SSD rather than a smaller M.2.
my current 4TB GAMES drive only has ~1TB free with maybe 100 games installed on it.

the Samsung 870 QVO has turned out to be a very nice games drive.
Ye ye I know that, I was asking since it's annoying me that I can't use that slot but ye guess I'll go with the classic sata SSD, thanks!