Mar 9, 2022
Hi!
I obtained recently a new dedicated graphics card to see it can fix my problem (GTX 1650 GDDR5), pc restarts everytime I launch a game that pushes the graphics (League,CSGO,Minecraft -> restarts, Terraria -> doesnt restart), made a list of what could be possibly be wrong (disabled autorestart, no overheating, computer case clean, no virus, new improved PSU).
Went on google to check and found that it wouldnt be a problem since it will auto disable the integraded one and use the new one, and now I'm here to ask you guys what is the procedure to "install" the new graphics card, (Didn't have a dedicated graphics card)

Do I need to delete the AMD drivers (integraded) and install the NVIDIA (dedicated) ?
Is it ok to keep the AMD drives and proceed to install the NVIDIA?
Do I need to manually switch to the dedicated GPU on a software?

My only knowledge comes from this site - https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-install-new-graphics-card/

ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
Video CardAMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
Operating SystemWindows 10
RAM8.0 GB

I'm a little concerned it may not be a hardware problem per se, but it wouldn't hurt to get a new video card anyway since it would be an upgrade. And if it happens to solve your problem, great!

As for your questions:
Do I need to delete the AMD drivers (integraded) and install the NVIDIA (dedicated) ?
No. I'd recommend it just to keep the system cleaner, but you don't need to do it.

Is it ok to keep the AMD drives and proceed to install the NVIDIA?
Same as above, but you have to have the NVIDIA card installed first before you can install its drivers. Otherwise the driver installer will complain it can't find any compatible hardware.

Do I need to manually switch to the dedicated GPU on a software?
No. Windows uses whatever the "primary" monitor is hooked up to by default. If there's no monitor in the integrated GPU ports, BIOS and all that should also output to the video card instead.

Mar 9, 2022
Sorry to say, but that is a very low-quality PSU and it could be failing to perform when you put the system under load. Does your particular GTX 1650 require an external power connection?
Got it because that's the only model available on my local store, about the GTX 1650, it's not in my possesion rn but its GDDR5, so I assume it doesnt need one.

Got it because that's the only model available on my local store, about the GTX 1650, it's not in my possesion rn but its GDDR5, so I assume it doesnt need one.
(side rant thing) Even if the PSU is considered garbo tier by people who worship the PSU tier list, the power consumption your computer is going to be using even with this video card isn't going to be near half of what the PSU can provide. So I wouldn't worry about it having issues with a 1650 installed. And if it's all you can reasonably acquire, then we'll just have to make due with what you have. Otherwise it'd be no different than people telling someone who has a 30 year old beater car that still runs more or less fine saying they need a Lexus with all the bells and whistles, otherwise they'll die the moment they tap the accelerator.

As far as needing extra power, there is a 75W TBP version of the 1650 and a 90W version. But the 75W ones may still need extra power for some reason or another. Either way, I don't see a 1650 needing more than a 75W PCIe aux power connector. Which your PSU comes with plenty.

Reactions: AntonLow and KyaraM
Mar 9, 2022
True, this PSU should power this system. Should.

That being said, adding in a new GPU may not solve the original problem.

How are you measuring system temperatures?
I really don't know the process the computer makes to lead a restart everytime a game was launched. Just installed the 1650, did the updates and everything runs smoothly, games when launched doesn't make the computer restart. :) (1650 doesn't require external power connection)