adding kneeboard text

can someone tell me how to add info onto the kneeboard. I went to the helf
thing but hmm still can't seem to put any text of my own in it.

In article <ltome.1637$mN.18674@news1.mts.net>, faryna@mts.net says...
> can someone tell me how to add info onto the kneeboard. I went to the helf
> thing but hmm still can't seem to put any text of my own in it.

Like many parts of MSFS, the kneeboard wasn't designed to be easily
extensible. In ...\FS9\Aircraft\c172 (substitute the a/c you want to
modify) there are two html files, ..._ref.htm and ..._check.htm. You
should be able to modify those to add your own information. MS Word can
edit the HTML.

If you want to do larger modifications, like adding a screen (as Moving
Map does), you might start by downloading the SDKs from the MSFS
website. Expect to spend a long time learning.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:08:43 -0700, Chris Thomas
<CThomas@mminternet.com> wrote:

>In article <ltome.1637$mN.18674@news1.mts.net>, faryna@mts.net says...
>> can someone tell me how to add info onto the kneeboard. I went to the helf
>> thing but hmm still can't seem to put any text of my own in it.
>
>Like many parts of MSFS, the kneeboard wasn't designed to be easily
>extensible. In ...\FS9\Aircraft\c172 (substitute the a/c you want to
>modify) there are two html files, ..._ref.htm and ..._check.htm. You
>should be able to modify those to add your own information. MS Word can
>edit the HTML.

Or in the case of FS2002, the files are [aircraft]_ref.txt and
[aircraft]_check.txt - also, [aircraft]_notes.txt for the notes
section of the kneeboard. Key Commands would seem to be "hard wired"
into the program.

James