Atreus_I

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Hi all,

I am in the midst of building a new gaming rig (AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D; ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7900 XT or ASRock Taichi OC Radeon RX 7900 XTX, depending on sales and leftover budget of the other components, including the monitor 😉). I am overwhelmed with the monitor research for days… Finding the sweet spot with all my criteria amongst this huge and confusing monitor market with all its product codes and variants is stressing me out 😂

Here are my criteria:
  • Obviously I would like to have a 4k monitor, with these GPU options 1440p would be a waste
  • Preferably 27", due to space constrains and I think 32" would be a bit too big to sit 50-60cm (20-25in) away all day long for work and evening/weekend for (non-competitive) gaming
  • Unfortunately no QLED, because I will use the monitor more often for work (MS Office tools) than for gaming, I’m afraid
  • No curved monitor
  • AMD FreeSync / FreeSync Premium
  • My office laptop (Lenovo T14 ThinkPad i5-10310U; Intel UHD Graphics) needs to be able to connect with the monitor as well. Doesn’t have to run in 4k, but decent display quality to do work. I know, what a stretch from high end gaming rig to below average office laptop. :grin:

Here are a few monitors I have shortlisted, but I am happy to dump them for an expert’s recommendation:

Gigabyte M28U
Gigabyte M27Q-X (non 4k alternative)
LG 27GR93U (quite expensive)
LG 27GR83Q-B (non 4k alternative)
Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ

and the list goes on… every day I find another one which might fit the bill, adjust some parameters/criteria or scratch out one due to some reviews

Thank you so much in advance for any help, advice or shared experience!