Question Advice for upgrading.

Antreas_4

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2016
Hi!
It been a long time since i upgraded my pc and i thing this black friday is time for an upgrade.
I've been looking on forums and youtube for the best specks for my budget and i narrow it down to this.
CPU: 7800X3D
MOBO: AsRock B650M PRO RS
GPU: RX 7900XT (don't know witch model to chouse)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR-5 32gb ( maybe 6000 or 6200. don't thing it will make a deference)
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ( Thinking putting 2 of them) even tho one of my friend told me no need to by name brands because it wont make a lot of difference .
PSU: Corsair RM750e 80+ GOLD (or the same but 850)
CASE: NZXT H7 Flow (or anything else that catches my eye with a good air flow and minimal design .. Don't like a lot of RGB's)
COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15 (Also i am thinking for the Thermalright Peerlees Assassin 120 SE)

Any suggestions for better components.

My budget is around 1500 to 2000 euros.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi!
It been a long time since i upgraded my pc and i thing this black friday is time for an upgrade.
I've been looking on forums and youtube for the best specks for my budget and i narrow it down to this.
CPU: 7800X3D
MOBO: AsRock B650M PRO RS
GPU: RX 7900XT (don't know witch model to chouse)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR-5 32gb ( maybe 6000 or 6200. don't thing it will make a deference)
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ( Thinking putting 2 of them) even tho one of my friend told me no need to by name brands because it wont make a lot of difference .
PSU: Corsair RM750e 80+ GOLD (or the same but 850)
CASE: NZXT H7 Flow (or anything else that catches my eye with a good air flow and minimal design .. Don't like a lot of RGB's)
COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15

Any suggestions for better components.

My budget is around 1500 to 2000 euros.
Thanks
What country are you located?

Reactions: Lucky_SLS

logainofhades

Titan
The 980 pro is nice, but can be overpriced. I would ignore that friend's advice regarding name brand. Brands do matter in the PC space. Some no name brand will most likely be some dramless junk. Crucial, Samsung, Western Digital, Teamgroup, and SK Hynix are safer bets on getting a good drive. Just read reviews first. Assuming you have access to German stores, it might be easier if you put your proposed build into PCPP and then export the build link, to make suggestions/changes.

Antreas_4

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2016
The 980 pro is nice, but can be overpriced. I would ignore that friend's advice regarding name brand. Brands do matter in the PC space. Some no name brand will most likely be some dramless junk. Crucial, Samsung, Western Digital, Teamgroup, and SK Hynix are safer bets on getting a good drive. Just read reviews first. Assuming you have access to German stores, it might be easier if you put your proposed build into PCPP and then export the build link, to make suggestions/changes.

Yeah i agree but after what he told me i did some searching and from what i saw is, for gaming is useless to buy a fast reading M2 ssd, I am buying the 980 pro mostly for my OS but is almost 200 euro or 170 euro from Germany. my other options is the Crucial P3 Plus.

Mar 10, 2020
Your wish list matches fairly closely to mine,
PSU, I have an 850W semi modular Corsair, no problems
Samsung 980 pro, 2TB SSD, I have one of those, no problems in 18 months.
DDR5 ram, I’m dipping my toes into that well soon, 6000 with good timings is my target. I’m brand agnostic though a good “named” brand is preferred.
GPU, I have a 7900xt hellhound, quick, quiet, easy to get a mild overclock. Almost 12 months, no problems. Others are of course available.
I’m looking at a 7000 series.. discounted or a new 9000 series chip. 7800x3d is an awesome tool.
My choice of motherboard is MSI tomahawk, that’s personal but HUB seemed to like the Asrock part on your list.
Case.. personal taste.
Cooler, both those listed have good reports.