[SOLVED] Advice on getting better headphones for gaming than Hyper X Cloud 2. Could be non "gaming" ones that can be used for games .

samuelromanocoen12

Reputable
Sep 9, 2017
Hello, I recently found myself wanting a better headset than my current HyperX Cloud 2.
I don't mind if they look good as long as they have what I mention later in the post, I don't need them to be "gaming" since I've found out that usually gaming headphones are not as good on audio quality as non gaming ones, I've seen Sennheiser .
I do not require the microphone since I already have one so if it's one that can be removed or just don't have it at all I would appreciate it. I mainly use my headphones for gaming and listening to music, also I want it to be Over-ear (ears inside ear pads if I understand) just like the HyperX is and closed-back (that others can't hear what I say) since I'm close to my mic, also if it could wired it would be a plus but not required. My budget is 190 usd. I don't know much about sound quality and audio so sorry if I missed any details. Any help that I can get I would really like it. Thanks in advance guys and girls :D

Last edited:
Solution
D
$190? The Sennheiser HD599 if it's under $150.

The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee at $160.

The Philips Fidelio X2 HR at $150

The Sennheiser HD560S at $199.

The M50X is hot garbage. Comfort is 2/10 at best and it has bloated bass that bleeds into the mids.

The SHP9500 is decent but has no bass.
An open backed headphone is not likely to leak sound into the mic unless you have it on very loud.

Keep in mind "better" and gaming vs headphones without a mic really only applies to you and how you like it to sound. I have a few "gaming" headsets that I think sound good, including a HyperX Cloud set. Cooler Master MH751 are good for music not just gaming, also own a set of those. A few others like the Sennheiser sets are also good and are pretty much the same as their normal headphones with a mic attached.

SHP9500 as above are a great set for the price, and would sound very different from the Clouds. They are probably the cheapest good headphone I would recommend, amazing comfort and very good audio quality.

D

Deleted member 217926

$190? The Sennheiser HD599 if it's under $150.

The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee at $160.

The Philips Fidelio X2 HR at $150

The Sennheiser HD560S at $199.

The M50X is hot garbage. Comfort is 2/10 at best and it has bloated bass that bleeds into the mids.

The SHP9500 is decent but has no bass.

Solution