i7 2600k CPU
Water cooling
2x6970 Radeon GPU Crossfire
16GB Ram DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
60GB SSD
320GB HDD
850W PSU
ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Motherboard

Any advice on graphics card upgrades for my PC, looking to be able to run planet coaster 4K if possible highest graphics as as the moment seem to be getting lag when adding coasters etc on medium to low settings etc.

Also is it worth any other upgraded, not been used in a while as it used to but will the CPU still hold up, its still very fast just lacks the gaming i need.

Kind Regards

Tom

Solution
Hi Current specs :

Cooler master storm enforcer Case
i7 2600k CPU
Water cooling
60GB SSD
320GB HDD
850W PSU

Any advice on graphics card upgrades for my PC, looking to be able to run planet coaster 4K if possible highest graphics as as the moment seem to be getting lag when adding coasters etc on medium to low settings etc.

Also is it worth any other upgraded, not been used in a while as it used to but will the CPU still hold up, its still very fast just lacks the gaming i need.

Kind Regards

Tom

I've looked up Planet Coaster 4k- apparently the game is very CPU heavy late game, so if you are getting performance issues when a bit further...
Hi Current specs :

Cooler master storm enforcer Case
i7 2600k CPU
Water cooling
60GB SSD
320GB HDD
850W PSU

Kind Regards

Tom

I've looked up Planet Coaster 4k- apparently the game is very CPU heavy late game, so if you are getting performance issues when a bit further into game this is likely the CPU hitting it's limit rather than the graphics cards.... I mean there are lots of cards that are faster than the 6970 these days so not a bad idea to upgrade for general gaming performance (and as you say 2600K is still decent cpu) but for that specific game, you might not get much benefit.

This is actually quite a common problem for strategy / sim games - no matter what hardware you have they all tend to chug late game.

Reactions: TDarrell9
Solution