grimreaper775

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Okay I'm building my first computer and I need to know what the best parts are for the least amount of money, for a gaming computer.
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: When I get the money.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Playing games, surfing the web, checking my mail.
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Drives.
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type I would like to use a Intel Celeron CPU, with a excellent motherboard, and a full tower.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1280x1024
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:Needs to be quiet. Play excellent computer games without lagging. Impress friends. Look Amazing.

how much are you will to spend on it? That is by far the most important piece of information we need.

And a celeron? What are you on? You need atleast a good dual core for gaming, and a celeron does not qualify as good.

grimreaper775

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I'm willing to spend around $500-$1000.
Purchase time : In the next two years.

PS: Yeah I'm kinda in the caveman age still, since
my computer at the moment is a Dell Optiplex GX210.

uhh yeah, about that purchase time, if you arent buying within the next 3 weeks its not worth parting stuff out since in a couple months new CPUs and GPUs are due out. Come back when you have a firm budget and are going to be purchasing within a month, tech changes to fast to even contemplate what might be a good value in even 4 months let alone 2 years

We can't really advise you on parts because everything will be different in two years :)

If you have a look at my guide, linked in my sig or stickied at the top of the forum, you'll get a quick update on what to use these days.