Jun 3, 2020
I am building a new pc and I wanted to do the final checks before I buy the thing and if I made a mistake somewhere
I want my PC to be:
quiet
Fast (duh)
reliable
Low temperatures
good looking (I don't want different colors, for example, The motherboard is white, the ram black, and the gpu red)

I don't really want to spend any more than this

I have already concluded that I wanted the RX 5700 XT and the ryzen 3600, but the other parts I'm not certain.

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/LxTV9G

Have I made a mistake, or should I take a different part?
Or is a piece of hardware a bit better that is in the same price range, tell me :)

Last edited:
Solution
Which SSD would you recommend?
Actually, any 2000 MB/s read speed tier SSD should be enough, since the games will optimized for SSD, meaning that their file size will be smaller (if you want an example of how smaller games can be, imagine Red Dead Redemption 2's file size being as small as up to 60 GB). But, high speed SSDs (the 3500 MB/s read speed tier SSD) are not that more expensive in price compared to the 2000 MB/s ones. If you can find one that's only $20 more expensive for the 1 TB version, then I recommend buying the 3500 MB/s one.

Good 2000 MB/s SSDs:
  1. Crucial P1
  2. WD Blue SN550
Good 3500 MB/s SSDs:
  1. Adata XPG Gammix S11 Pro
  2. WD Black SN750
  3. Corsair MP510
  4. Samsung 970 EVO/EVO Plus/Pro (the...
Its looking rly good...
The only thing i don't like is the brand of the video... i personally don't have great experience with Giga... (Maybe ASUS...MSI...Sapphire?).
Giga motherboards - well no thanks...
Giga VGA - NO!

Also what about 2060 or 2070? Any reasons you prefer 5700XT?

IDProG

Distinguished
I am building a new pc and I wanted to do the final checks before I buy the thing and if I made a mistake somewhere
I want my PC to be:
quiet
Fast (duh)
reliable
good looking (I don't want different colors, for example, The motherboard is white, the ram black, and the gpu red)

I don't really want to spend any more than this

I have already concluded that I wanted the RX 5700 XT and the ryzen 3600, but the other parts I'm not certain.

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/LxTV9G

Have I made a mistake, or should I take a different part?
Or is a piece of hardware a bit better that is in the same price range, tell me :)
Programmer here. With the arrival of next-gen consoles, you will need at least PCIe 3.0 SSD. SATA SSD isn't going to cut it.

If you want to have an HDD, better make it big or just don't buy an HDD at all and just straight up go to PCIe 3.0 SSD.

B550 motherboard will be released on June 16. If you can wait for it, I highly advise that you wait for one. It's cheaper, and functions almost the same as X570. It also has no chipset fan, which is always a good thing.

Programmer here. With the arrival of next-gen consoles, you will need at least PCIe 3.0 SSD. SATA SSD isn't going to cut it.

If you want to have an HDD, better make it big or just don't buy an HDD at all and just straight up go to PCIe 3.0 SSD.

B550 motherboard will be released on June 16. If you can wait for it, I highly advise that you wait for one. It's cheaper, and functions almost the same as X570. It also has no chipset fan, which is always a good thing.

If he has to go M.2. because of consoles... the m.2 is the least of his problems...The new consoles will have a lot more cores (threads)...

B550 will be really expensive at the launch so.... that's a NO... for a few buks more I prefer x570.

IDProG

Distinguished
If he has to go M.2. because of consoles... the m.2 is the least of his problems...The new consoles will have a lot more cores (threads)...

B550 will be really expensive at the launch so.... that's a NO... for a few buks more I prefer x570.
False.

How many cores and threads a processor needs depend on the power of GPU.

For 5700 XT, 3600 is absolutely fine.

The reason why I recommend PCIe 3.0 SSD is NOT because consoles use it. I do that because games are starting to be optimized for SSD. I can explain in detail about it, but I'm afraid people are not code-savvy enough to know what I'm saying, so I'll leave it at that.

Jun 3, 2020
Its looking rly good...
The only thing i don't like is the brand of the video... i personally don't have great experience with Giga... (Maybe ASUS...MSI...Sapphire?).
Giga VGA - NO!

For the same price I'm getting 10/20 fps more than the 2060s (I do know the 2060s has superior technology (RTX, dlss, but it's not that of a game-breaker YET) . also I'd like to buy a motherboard with pic 4.0, so that when newer gpu's come out with pic 4.0 I would already have the motherboard to support it

False.

How many cores and threads a processor needs depend on the power of GPU.

For 5700 XT, 3600 is absolutely fine.

The reason why I recommend PCIe 3.0 SSD is NOT because consoles use it. I do that because games are starting to be optimized for SSD. I can explain in detail about it, but I'm afraid people are not code-savvy enough to know what I'm saying, so I'll leave it at that.
The GPU doesn't depend on the cores..... of a CPU...
I't depends on how the game is written...
When intel was king... how do you think all the top Cards was running perfectly on 4 cores and it was all good?
Now suddenly AMD changed the game... provided more cores to the programmers and its a whole new game.
So when the new Consoles.... receive even more cores... what do you think programmers will do ? Leave them idle?

IDProG

Distinguished
The GPU doesn't depend on the cores..... of a CPU...
I't depends on how the game is written...
When intel was king... how do you think all the top Cards was running perfectly on 4 cores and it was all good?
Now suddenly AMD changed the game... provided more cores to the programmers and its a whole new game.
So when the new Consoles.... receive even more cores... what do you think programmers will do ? Leave them idle?
Before I reply,

I must ask you. Do you know about how games are processed and the frames in the game are generated?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Never had an issue with Gigabyte motherboards. Gigabyte GPUs are another story.

I would suggest not using that Corsair LPX memory with Ryzens as they tend to cause issues together. Look into the G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16. Could go with the 3200 MHz variant if too costly.

Jun 3, 2020
Its looking rly good...
Giga VGA - NO!

I've read some reviews and the budget MSI x570's are apparently really bad. With the gpu, I compared the gigabyte 5700 xt windforce of with the msi 5700 mech, and the gigabyte came out on top, I've had little to no experience with gigabyte, is gigabyte any good?

Before I reply,

I must ask you. Do you know about how games are processed and the frames in the game are generated?

Just write in PM... don't spam

I've read some reviews and the budget MSI x570's are apparently really bad. With the gpu, I compared the gigabyte 5700 xt windforce of with the msi 5700 mech, and the gigabyte came out on top, I've had little to no experience with gigabyte, is gigabyte any good?
I didn't had great experience with Giga, but my colleagues have new Giga boards and they seems to like them, i just avoid them because of past experience.... But the VGA don't buy them... check Sapphire reviews of 5700XT

Jun 3, 2020
Just write in PM... don't spam

I didn't had great experience with Giga, but my colleagues have new Giga boards and they seems to like them, i just avoid them because of past experience.... But the VGA don't buy them... check Sapphire reviews of 5700XT
Any other advise for a different brand for the x570, I quite like the MSI motherboards, but the x570's are really bad from MSI, I've looked at the Asus x570-p, but I don't really like the white aesthetic they have going on. or should I just avoid the Rx 5700 XT and get the 2060S?

Jun 3, 2020
Never had an issue with Gigabyte motherboards. Gigabyte GPUs are another story.

I would suggest not using that Corsair LPX memory with Ryzens as they tend to cause issues together. Look into the G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16. Could go with the 3200 MHz variant if too costly.
The Gskill you're talking about is €132, And the 32gb 3200Mhz CL16 is €140, And the 32GB CL16 3600MHz is €170, which one would be the better choice?

Any other advise for a different brand for the x570, I quite like the MSI motherboards, but the x570's are really bad from MSI, I've looked at the Asus x570-p, but I don't really like the white aesthetic they have going on. or should I just avoid the Rx 5700 XT and get the 2060S?

You can go with Giga board....it's my personal byes not to like them. I was going to recommend you Asus X570-P.
About the card I have nothing against 5700XT (if it's not giga).... Just the reputation of 2070 is amazing...and around me they cost the same.

Jun 3, 2020
You can go with Giga board....it's my personal byes not to like them. I was going to recommend you Asus X570-P.
About the card I have nothing against 5700XT (if it's not giga).... Just the reputation of 2070 is amazing...and around me they cost the same.
there aren't many RTX 2070's around where I live. The only one available is the Asus mini, the inno3d and the gigabyte windforce.

Jun 3, 2020

IDProG

Distinguished
Actually, any 2000 MB/s read speed tier SSD should be enough, since the games will optimized for SSD, meaning that their file size will be smaller (if you want an example of how smaller games can be, imagine Red Dead Redemption 2's file size being as small as up to 60 GB). But, high speed SSDs (the 3500 MB/s read speed tier SSD) are not that more expensive in price compared to the 2000 MB/s ones. If you can find one that's only $20 more expensive for the 1 TB version, then I recommend buying the 3500 MB/s one.

Good 2000 MB/s SSDs:
  1. Crucial P1
  2. WD Blue SN550
Good 3500 MB/s SSDs:
  1. Adata XPG Gammix S11 Pro
  2. WD Black SN750
  3. Corsair MP510
  4. Samsung 970 EVO/EVO Plus/Pro (the advantage these Samsung SSDs have over other SSDs is better sustained write speed, meaning that you will get the full write speed for longer periods of time before the speed decreases, but these are considerably more expensive, and if you want to save some money, you can buy other SSDs. You don't need the extra sustained write speed, unless you move files between drives very frequently. Games only need the read speed, and read speed does not really decrease over time).
If you are considering PCIe 4.0 SSD, I suggest you avoid buying one for now, as the speed of the SSD is still slow. Wait until SSDs with Phison E18 controller comes out, as they will have 7000 MB/s read speed compared to the current E16's 5000 MB/s.

Last edited:
Reactions: CensoredBaquette
Solution

TRENDING THREADS