Adware removal tools

Sam

Hi Everyone,

A browser on my network was recently attacked by trojan.startpage. Would an
adware removal tool take care of this, and if so, do any you know which is
the best?

Regards
Sam

Maybe or maybe not. AdAware SE and Spybot Search and Destroy are two good
ones to try. Make sure you update both before scanning. AdAware does that
automatically during the install I believe if you allow it to run after
install. Otherwise try the free Sysclean from Trend Micro. Download Sysclean
and the pattern file into the same folder to run from. The links below show
where to get it. I would also check that the computer infected is current
with security updates and that the user does not have their IE security
settings too loose. You can use Group Policy to enforce IE security settings
and not allow users to change their settings. Make sure they NEVER have the
security setting below medium for the internet Web Content Zone. --- Steve