[SOLVED] Affordable 0db fan mode (or semi passive) power supply for HTPC build

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Affordable 0db fan mode power supply for HTPC build

Hi all I'm looking for an affordable power supply that has a 0db fan mode for my HTPC which is using an Athlon 200GE.
All I want is something that would be completely silent as the CPU hardly uses any power at all.
I'm looking to spend as less as possible. The Thermaltake one I'm using now makes an audible wooshing noise when watching films or TV shows with quiet scenes.
Might look into 2nd hand from ebay as well but the actual fanless ones cost the bomb!
So value for money is key here!

Thank you!

Affordable 0db fan mode power supply for HTPC build

Hi all I'm looking for an affordable power supply that has a 0db fan mode for my HTPC which is using an Athlon 200GE.
All I want is something that would be completely silent as the CPU hardly uses any power at all.
I'm looking to spend as less as possible. The Thermaltake one I'm using now makes an audible wooshing noise when watching films or TV shows with quiet scenes.
Might look into 2nd hand from ebay as well but the actual fanless ones cost the bomb!
So value for money is key here!

Thank you!
You'll find the Corsair RMx series to be some of the quietest power supplies ever made, operating nearly silent the majority of the time.

MX5yEg6fY7BEYJ5oFq2h6M-970-80.jpg