Question After adding more memory pc is stuck in loading

Jun 12, 2023
Hello, i had 8x2 3200 mhz ram in my pc and i bought the same one again, after putting everything in it booted up and i got a blue screen.
I went and restarted it and i got an infinite windows loading screen. I turned off the pc plugged everything out, pressed the power button to clear the remaining power, and i removed the old ones and the 2 new ones work. So both memories are fine and working, I pulled out the sheet of my motherboard memory compatibility(model name: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
and it says it only 2 slots would work, yet my friend has the exact same motherboard and sticks and is able to run with 4 sticks. PCPartpicker also says it should work with the sticks.
I also updated my bios and flashed it.
im at a loss of options.

Can someone with more knowledge about this help me out?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8x2 3200MHz
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: 450W (dont know the name)

Jun 12, 2023
If they were not sold in a 4 set package then no guarantee they will work together. They could even be made with different parts.

You can try to loosen the timings or a slower speed.
I tried it but it still doesnt work, im gonna refund it and buy a 16x2 instead.

Thank you for your help man!

Jan 15, 2023
Hello, i had 8x2 3200 mhz ram in my pc and i bought the same one again, after putting everything in it booted up and i got a blue screen.
I went and restarted it and i got an infinite windows loading screen. I turned off the pc plugged everything out, pressed the power button to clear the remaining power, and i removed the old ones and the 2 new ones work. So both memories are fine and working, I pulled out the sheet of my motherboard memory compatibility(model name: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
and it says it only 2 slots would work, yet my friend has the exact same motherboard and sticks and is able to run with 4 sticks. PCPartpicker also says it should work with the sticks.
I also updated my bios and flashed it.
im at a loss of options.

Can someone with more knowledge about this help me out?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8x2 3200MHz
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: 450W (dont know the name)
Actually, that RAM is not listed as compatible with ryzen 5600x on that board in your link ("Memory by RX-5xxx" is the appropriate tab), like, at all. Maybe your friend has a different CPU so that's why it works for him, or he's just lucky.

Anyway, if you compare motherboards, you'll see many of them (many b550's for example) can run 2 sticks of RAM at a certain speed, but can't run 4 sticks of that same RAM at that same speed. So yeah, try what Zerk suggested.

But first, i'd try resetting the BIOS to its default values with the 4 sticks plugged in and start from there. Also, try giving the "infinite" loading screen more time, in case you aren't sure if you were patient enough.

Jan 15, 2023
That doesn't mean it wont work they only test with the memory they have and they have nothing close to all memory made.
2 sticks of it worked!
I never said „not listed = won't work“, im just correcting OP cause he stated that the link has that ram listed for 2 sticks (it does, but for other CPUs, not the 5600x)

Jan 15, 2023
If it works with one 5XXX it should work with all of then could be just a typo or they forgot to list it.
And yet, we have ZERO examples in which 4 sticks of that particular RAM worked with any 5XXX on that particular motherboard, so far in this thread. That ram number is not listed neither under 5XXXX, nor under 5X00G/GE, and OP never stated what cpu his friend has.

But wait, maybe my vague phrasing of "other CPUs, not the 5600x" is the part that is confusing you. Perhaps I should've been more precise and said „other series of cpu, not the 5XXX or 5x00G/GE“. I thought it's clear in the context of this thread (OP having 5600x) and what the compatibility tables show. My bad.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
But wait, maybe my vague phrasing of "other CPUs, not the 5600x" is the part that is confusing you. Perhaps I should've been more precise and said „other series of cpu, not the 5XXX or 5x00G/GE“. I thought it's clear in the context of this thread (OP having 5600x) and what the compatibility tables show. My bad.
It worked fine with 2 sticks, clearing indicating it works with his motherboard and CPU.

He then added another set of memory that was not tested to work with the set he already had (memory is sold in matched tested sets for this reason) and the 4 sticks don't work together. Any time you add more memory it might and might not work that is very simple rules of building a PC.

The OP has already stated he is going to sell the 2 kits and buy one set of 2X16 end of story.