After replacing faulty PSU PC doesn't boots up. No POST, No BEEPS but fan spins

rhushiarnd

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
I have replaced my faulty PSU which was 450W with a new having same 450W. But after replacing PSU motherboard LED works, CPU fan spins, DVD drive works, HDD spins. But there is no POST, no Beeps, nothing shows on monitor, No LEDs on keyboard and mouse.
But when i plugs power adapter light blinks on Keyboard and Mouse like POST. But not when press the power button.
Please anyone help me to solve this issue.
I tried with another PSU (450W), but the same.

Solution
Sounds like a dead cpu. I just went through the same thing, had a waterblock on the motherboard leak and it killed the motherboard and cpu (at the time didnt know the cpu was bad)

Bought a new motherboard and swapped everything over, everything would boot but got no post. Change the CPU out for a know good one and it fired right up. Have a feeling your bad PSU nuked your CPU, thats why spending that extra $20-40 up front on a good PSU will save you $200 on a new cpu or motherboard.
Sounds like a dead cpu. I just went through the same thing, had a waterblock on the motherboard leak and it killed the motherboard and cpu (at the time didnt know the cpu was bad)

Bought a new motherboard and swapped everything over, everything would boot but got no post. Change the CPU out for a know good one and it fired right up. Have a feeling your bad PSU nuked your CPU, thats why spending that extra $20-40 up front on a good PSU will save you $200 on a new cpu or motherboard.

Solution

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
ALWAYS go back to the basics... If after all the ideas you have tried here go back to the basics.......... disassembly your PC and place the motherboard on some kind of insulation. Only install the power supply (video card does provide variable so if the cpu have built in video remove your video card) and then no boot device. Make sure nothing is attached. It should post, will take a long time and you might get a keyboard error. Any peripripheral can create a problem. Some BIOS don't post well without a keyboard so try a keyboard first. Everything else removed. You get the idea. Even a short from the motherboard to the case or improper grounding can cause a problem.