Question After Watercooling my PC my display randomly loses signal

ATOMICBEAR9

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
After watercooling my PC my display randomly loses signal. It happens regardless if I'm in BIOS or Windows. Everything has been working fine for months. I recently watercooled my CPU and GPU.

Specs:
GPU: Zotac 3080 Ti Amp Holo
CPU: AMD 5600x
PSU: Corsair 850w
Mother Board: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
RAM: Trident Z 16gb 2x8 3600 (I think)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How recent was your migration from air cooling to watercooling for the GPU? Is it custom level watercooling? If so, then please state your watercooling gear as well(apart from the listed specs to your build). Are you able to get into OS GUI? If so, check and see what your temps for said GPU are.

Using your motherboard manual, A9 is start of setup...you might want to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. Model and age of your PSU?

ATOMICBEAR9

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
How recent was your migration from air cooling to watercooling for the GPU? Is it custom level watercooling? If so, then please state your watercooling gear as well(apart from the listed specs to your build). Are you able to get into OS GUI? If so, check and see what your temps for said GPU are.

Using your motherboard manual, A9 is start of setup...you might want to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. Model and age of your PSU?
Thanks for the quick reply. I just did it last night. Yep, its all custom with triple rads and a bitspower DDC pump.
For the GPU: EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Vector Trinity RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Acryl
For the CPU: EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB AMD Nickel + Frosted Acryl

I can get in the OS. I'll try seeing what my temps are. I don't think its overheating since the system doesn't shutdown but I'll check anyway.

My bios version is 3801. I am trying to update it at the moment but I can't get it to work. BIOS light flashes a couple times then goes solid green like it can't proceed. Probably unrelated and I am just doing something wrong.

My PSU is a CORSAIR RM850 80+G FM ATX PSU. I bought it at the same time I bought by other stuff last June.

Last edited:

ATOMICBEAR9

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply. I just did it last night. Yep, its all custom with triple rads and a bitspower DDC pump.
For the GPU: EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Vector Trinity RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Acryl
For the CPU: EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB AMD Nickel + Frosted Acryl

I can get in the OS. I'll try seeing what my temps are. I don't think its overheating since the system doesn't shutdown but I'll check anyway.

My bios version is 3801. I am trying to update it at the moment but I can't get it to work. BIOS light flashes a couple times then goes solid green like it can't proceed. Probably unrelated and I am just doing something wrong.
I can't see my GPU listen in task manager which is concerning.
I also have a GPU riser: Cooler Master MasterAccessory Vertical Graphics Card Holder Kit Ver 2 with Premium Riser Cable PCI-E 3.0 x16

TRENDING THREADS