Question After windows 10 system update wifi constantly drops from cold boot

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
After I did a windows 10 system update I noticed that every hour or so my wifi would drop for a few seconds atleast once. I was able to narrow down the problem that it only happens on cold boot which is my first time opening up the PC in the morning and I was able to narrow down the fix to restarting the PC once this occurs, I was able to also find out that upon starting the PC from cold boot then restarting the PC immediately does not fix the problem I have to wait for the problem to occur before restarting to fix it. Hoping someone could help me fix this problem since I have tried all fixes I could find and its really annoying having to restart my computer midway using it. Note I am using a wifi adapter (ac600, archer t2u plus ) which has been working fine for years until the recent windows update.

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
Did you uncheck the power saving option for the AC600 adapter?

I have the same problem with my USB Wi-Fi adapter under Win10, unchecking the power saving option fixed it for me.
yep I already unchecked the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

TRENDING THREADS